Moula Ali station redeveloped as Adarsh station! The Moula Ali station of Indian Railways is an important non-suburban grade 5 railway station, which is located on the busiest rail corridor Secunderabad-Kazipet section of Secunderabad Division, South Central Railway zone. Recently, the surrounding areas of the railway station have seen rapid progress with the establishment of thickly populated residential colonies. In a bid to upgrade the station infrastructure to cater the passenger growth, the Moula-Ali station has been developed into Adarsh station at a cost of Rs 3.5 crore. The station has been provided with several passenger-friendly amenities and facilities. Take a look at some of the newly introduced amenities and facilities:
- Facade upgradation of station building
- Renovated waiting room for travelling passengers
- Parking facilities have been earmarked for Divyangjans and other passengers
- Non-slippery walkway provided from the parking lot to station building
- Ramps provided for entry of Divyangjan and senior citizen passengers
- Station building equipped with modern and elegant signage boards
- Pay and use toilets have been set up
- Upgraded platform surface
- Station platform wall with landscaping
- Adequate drinking water arrangements have been made available
- Booking and enquiry offices have been renovated as well
In addition to all these facilities, a Foot over Bridge (FOB) is under construction. The FOB, which was a long pending demand from the passengers of this region is being built at an estimated cost of Rs 1.6 crore.
More than 10 Express trains and several passenger trains arrive and depart from Moula Ali station every day on an average. The station also witnesses average traffic of around 2500 passengers per day. The development works for Adarsh station were sanctioned in the financial year 2016-17. Under Piyush Goyal-led Railway Ministry’s ‘Adarsh Station Scheme’, several railway stations across the country were identified for modernization and upgradation. Now, with the redevelopment of Moula Ali station, a total of 67 railway stations have been developed as adarsh stations on the South Central Railway zone.
Meanwhile, the Railway Ministry has targeted to redevelop as many as 68 railway stations by the end of this year. Some of the major stations, which have been recently redeveloped include New Delhi railway station, Sainagar Shirdi station, Mathura Junction, Jaipur Junction, Haridwar Junction among others.