This can be attributed to growing prevalence of chronic diseases such as cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, cancer, respiratory disorders, among others. This has drastically increased the patient pool thereby increasing the demand for drugs.
New York, Feb. 26, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Reportlinker.com announces the release of the report "United States Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient Market, Competition Forecast & Opportunities, 2016 – 2026" - https://www.reportlinker.com/p06028284/?utm_source=GNW
This in turn is expected to positively influence the market growth through 2026. Additionally, increasing R&D by various biopharmaceutical companies in drug discovery is further expected to spur the market growth over the next few years. Besides this, growing importance of generics is also expected to foster the market growth in the next five years.
United States active pharmaceutical ingredient market can be segregated based on method of synthesis, source, distribution channel, therapeutic application, form, molecule type, potency, drug type, region and company.Based on method of synthesis, the market can be split into synthetic and biological.
The synthetic method of synthesis dominated the market with a share of 58.29% in 2020 on account of the easy availability of raw materials and easier process for development of active pharmaceutical ingredients. While the biological method of synthesis segment is expected to grow at a rate of 10.82% during the forecast period owing to the growing demand for vaccines, monoclonal antibodies, recombinant proteins, biosimilars, among others.
Leading players operating in the market include Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited, Merck & Co., Inc., Pfizer Inc., Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Limited, Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Glenmark Pharmaceuticals, Inc., GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Novartis Inc. (Sandoz), Aurobindo Pharma USA, Inc., Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Eli Lilly and Company, AbbVie Inc., Bristol-Myers Squibb, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Sanofi-Aventis U.S. LLC and others. Major companies are developing advanced technologies and launching new products to stay competitive in the market. Other competitive strategies include mergers & acquisitions and new product developments. For instance, in 2020, Pfizer (US) signed a multiyear agreement with Gilead Sciences Inc., to manufacture and supply Gilead’s antiviral drug (Remdesivir) for the treatment of COVID-19.
Years Considered for this Report:
Historical Years: 2016 – 2019
Base Year: 2020
Estimated Year: 2021
Forecast Period: 2022– 2026
Objective of the Study:
• The primary objective of the study was to evaluate and forecast active pharmaceutical ingredient market in United States from 2021-2026.
• To categorize the market on the basis of method of synthesis, source, distribution channel, therapeutic application, form, molecule type, potency, drug type, region and company.
• To identify major drivers, challenges and trends in the United States active pharmaceutical ingredient market.
• To identify the dominant region or segment in the United States active pharmaceutical ingredient market.
• To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers and acquisitions, etc., in the United States active pharmaceutical ingredient market.
• To identify and analyze the profiles of leading players operating in the United States active pharmaceutical ingredient.
• To identify key sustainable strategies adopted by market players in the United States active pharmaceutical ingredient market.
To extract the data for United States active pharmaceutical ingredient market, primary research surveys were conducted with API manufacturer and contract manufacturer companies.While interviewing, the respondents were also enquired about their competitors.
Through this technique, the analyst was able to include manufacturers that could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research. Moreover, The analyst examined various end user segments and projected a positive outlook for United States active pharmaceutical ingredient market over the coming years.
The analyst calculated the market size of United States active pharmaceutical ingredient market using a bottom-up approach, wherein data for various end-user segments was recorded and forecast for the future years. The analyst sourced these values from the industry experts and company representatives and externally validated them by analyzing historical data of these product types and applications for getting an appropriate, overall market size.
Various secondary sources such as company websites, news articles, press releases, company annual reports, investor presentations and financial reports were also studied by the analyst.
Key Target Audience:
• Active pharmaceutical ingredient manufacturers, contract manufacturers and other stakeholders
• Market research and consulting firms
• Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
• Organizations, forums and alliances related to active pharmaceutical ingredient
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for industry stakeholders, such as active pharmaceutical ingredient manufacturers, customers and policymakers. The report also provides useful insights about which market segments should be targeted over the coming years to strategize investments and capitalize on growth opportunities.
In this report, United States active pharmaceutical ingredient market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
• Market, By Method of Synthesis:
• Market, By Source:
o Contract Manufacturing Organizations
o In-house manufacturing
• Market, By Distribution Channel:
• Market, By Therapeutic Application:
o Cardiovascular Disease
o Neurological Disorders
• Market, By Form:
• Market, By Molecule Type:
• Market, By Potency:
• Market, By Drug Type:
• Market, By Region:
Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major companies present in the United states active pharmaceutical ingredient market.
With the given market data, we offers customizations according to a company’s specific needs. The following customization options are available for the report:
• Detailed analysis and profiling of additional market players (up to five).
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p06028284/?utm_source=GNW
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
CONTACT: Clare: email@example.com US: (339)-368-6001 Intl: +1 339-368-6001