The Smarter way to get your business news - Subscribe to BloombergQuint on WhatsApp
Indian equity benchmarks ended on Tuesday higher for the second day, registering their best two-day rally since Nov. 02.
The S&P BSE Sensex Index closed 0.45 percent higher at 35,513.14 and the NSE Nifty 50 Index ended at 10,685.60, up 0.54 percent.
Here Are The Stocks To Watch Out For In Today’s Trade
- Lupin’s Ramesh Swaminathan resigned as the Chief Financial Officer of the company with effect from Dec.12. According to the exchange filing, he will pursue other responsibilities outside the pharmaceutical industry. He was the company’s executive director since 2015.
- Competition Commission of India Approves LIC’s Acquisition of up to 51 percent equity stake in IDBI Bank.
- Future Retail-Amazon deal likely in 10 days, in which Amazon will buy around 9.5 percent stake in Kishor Biyani-led company and both the parties are in advanced stage of talks for the deal. (Press Trust of India)
- Axiscades Engineering Technologies arm won two key contracts worth $20 million. The first contract is with a Global OEM for a design to build test equipment and maintenance of strategic systems. The other contract is for building subsystems of full motion simulator.
- Srei Equipment Finance and Nordic Investment Bank signed a loan agreement for financing acquisition or leasing of industrial equipment designed or produced in the Nordic-region based bank’s member countries. The new loan program will be worth 20 million euro and has a maturity of eight years.
- Orient Electric entered into a strategic partnership with Italy based De’ Longhi Group, in which three international premium small appliances brands will enter India namely De’ Longhi, Kenwood and Braun. The company will have exclusive rights to market and sell these brands in India.
- Inox Wind signed a pact with AMSC for 3MW wind turbine in India. Currently the company has a license for 2MW range of wind turbines and stated in its press release that with this new agreement energy yields will improve also support the competitive tariff environment currently present under the auction regime in the country.
- Merck: Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers approved the acquisition of the biopharma business of the company to its arm ‘Merck Specialties Private Limited’ by way of slump sale.
Earnings Reaction To Watch
Reliance Capital (Q2, Consolidated YoY)
- Revenue up 10 percent at Rs 5,308 crore.
- Net profit at Rs 280 crore versus net loss at Rs 163 crore.
- General Insurance segment revenue up 19.1 percent at Rs 2,322 crore.
- Total assets at Rs 90,128 crore.
- Reliance Nippon Asset Management’s AUM up 6 percent at Rs 4,04,870 crore
Vadilal Enterprises (Q2, Standalone YoY)
- Revenues up 14.2 percent at Rs 126 crore.
- Net loss at Rs 1 crore versus net profit at Rs 1.3 crore.
Century Textiles & Industries
- Gothic Corporation acquired 6.3 lakh shares (0.56 percent) at Rs 904.55 each.
- GHI LTP sold 6.3 lakh shares (0.56 percent) at Rs 904.55 each.
Veto Switchgear Cable
- Promoter Pushpa Devi Gurnani acquired 1.7 lakh shares (0.91 percent) at Rs 86.81 each.
- Arvind ex-date for demerger into three entities.
- Jai Prakash Power Ventures to move into ASM Framework.
- Paramount Communications price band revised to 10 percent.
Who’s Meeting Whom
- Titan to meet Generation Investment Management on Dec. 13.
- PI Industries to meet Ocean Dial AMC on Nov. 29.
- Symphony to meet Ambit Capital on Nov. 30.
- Ultratech Cement to meet GIC, Nomura AMC and other investors from Nov. 28-29.
- Mahindra Logistics to meet East Bridge Capital on Nov. 28.
- Electrosteel Castings promoter group acquired 56,000 shares on Nov. 26.
- Man Infra promoter and director Manan Shah acquired 36,000 shares on Nov. 26.
(As reported on November 27)
Money Market Update
- Rupee on Tuesday closed at 70.79/$ versus Monday’s closing of 70.87/$.
- Nifty November future closed trading at 10,685, discount 1 point.
- Nifty November open interest down 18 percent; Nifty Bank November open interest up 3.6 percent.
- Max open interest for November series at 11,000 call option (open interest at 28.6 lakh shares)
- Max open interest for November series at 10,500 put option (open interest at 38.4 lakh shares)
Stocks In F&O Ban
- In Ban: Adan Enterprises, Adani Power, Jet Airways
- Out of Ban: DHFL
- Nifty PCR at 1.74 from 1.64.
- Nifty Bank PCR at 1.37 from 1.34.
. Read more on Markets by BloombergQuint.