The Smarter way to get your business news - Subscribe to BloombergQuint on WhatsApp
Stocks in Asia eked out modest gains Tuesday after beaten-down tech shares led the strongest session for U.S. stocks in two weeks.
Equity benchmarks rose in Japan and Australia, and futures in Hong Kong pointed higher, while U.S. contracts slipped. The Singapore-traded SGX Nifty, an early indicator of NSE Nifty 50 Index’s performance in India, fell 0.6 percent to 10,587 as of 7:30 a.m.
Short on time? Well, then listen to this podcast for a quick summary of All You Need To Know before the opening bell.
Here Are The Stocks To Watch Out For In Today’s Trade
- Sun Pharma entered into a definitive agreement to acquire 100 percent stake in Japan based- Pola Pharma for $1 million. The pharma company said that this acquisition will give commercial presence in dermatology segment in Japan. The pharma major along with its arm enters into settlement in the Modafinil Anti-Trust Litigation in the U.S. .The company said settlements extended to all claims brought by direct purchaser Plaintiffs and the terms of the settlement are confidential.
- Nava Bharat Ventures and its arm signed a contract with Tata Power Trading for power supply of 125MW to Telengana State Grid. The contract commences from Jan. 15 to Apr. 30, next year at a price of Rs 5.75 per unit.
- Unichem Laboratories received EIR for post marketing adverse drug experience inspection by U.S. FDA. The report indicates the closure of inspection which started from June 25-29.
- IFCI received Rs 491.84 crore via NCLT on account of resolution passed by Binani Cements .The company holds 42.16 lakh security receipts in in the Binani Cements of face value of Rs 1,000 each
- NMDC Apr-Oct Output: Production at 15.47 MT and Sales at 16.55MT.
- Linde India’s acquisition from BOC Group, Praxair and Linde Holdings Netherlands BV triggered an open offer of its 25 percent equity stake to the public, payable by the acquirers amounting to Rs 589 crore if the full offer is accepted.
- NIIT Technologies’ promoters are said to be exploring options to sell stake in the company. The promoters hold 30.62 percent stake in the company out of which NIIT owns 23.54 percent stake. (Economic Times)
- South Korea’s Lotte seeks to buy ONGC’s OPAL (The Bell).
- SBI General Insurance plans IPO in 2020, Deputy CEO says.
- Metropolis Healthcare gets SEBI’s approval for IPO.
Earnings To Watch
- Reliance Capital
- Vadilal Industries
Earnings Reaction To Watch
GIC Housing Finance (Q2, YoY)
- Net Interest Income down 5.2 percent at Rs 89.8 crore.
- Net profit down 1.1 percent at Rs 46.2 crore.
Who’s Meeting Whom
- Tamil Nadu Newsprint and Papers to meet HDFC Fund on Nov. 27.
- Ambuja Cement to meet JP Morgan AMC on Nov. 27.
- Eicher Motors to meet JP Morgan Global on Nov. 27.
- BSE to meet Hoskin Partners, Jupiter AMC and other investors on Nov. 27.
- JM Financial promoter group Vishal Kampani acquired 1.5 lakh shares on Nov. 22.
- Axis Bank promoter United India Insurance sold 58,000 shares between Nov. 19-22.
- Nitin Spinners promoter Nitin Nolakha acquired 52,000 shares between Oct. 10 – Nov. 22
(As reported on Nov. 26)
Money Market Update
- Rupee snapped its seven-day rising streak and closed at 70.87/$ on Monday versus 70.69/$ on Thursday.
- Nifty November futures closed trading at 10,639, premium of 11 points.
- Nifty November open interest down 2.8 percent; Nifty Bank Nov open interest up 12.9 percent.
- Max open interest for November series at 11,000 call option (open interest at 32.6 lakh shares)
- Max open interest for November series at 10,500 put option (open interest at 42.3 lakh shares)
Stocks In F&O Ban
- Adan Enterprises
- Adani Power
- Jet Airways
- Nifty PCR at 1.64 from 1.46.
- Nifty Bank PCR at 1.34 from 0.94.
Morgan Stanley on Indian Metals
- Domestic steel profitability and valuations at peak.
- Domestic steel demand risk and high leverage add to near-term concerns.
- Prefer stocks with earnings visibility and strong balance sheets.
- Coal India: Upgraded to ‘Overweight’ from ‘Equalweight’; cut price target to Rs 296 from Rs 306.
- JSPL: Downgraded to ‘Equalweight’ from ‘Overweight’; cut price target to Rs 174 from Rs 314.
- JSW Steel: Downgraded to ‘Underweight’ from ‘Equalweight’; cut price target to Rs 278 from Rs 369.
- SAIL: Maintained ‘Underweight’; cut price target to Rs 53 from Rs 75.
- Vedanta: Maintained ‘Equalweight’; cut price target to Rs 235 from Rs 263.
- Hindalco: Maintained ‘Overweight’; cut price target to Rs 290 from Rs 295.
BofAML on Reliance Industries
- Maintained ‘Buy’; hiked price target to Rs 1,430 from Rs 1,280.
- RIL transitioned from an Oil & Gas conglomerate to India's "everything company".
- RIL has crossed tipping point in consumer acceptability.
- Shift from B2B to B2C to help valuations.
JPMorgan on OMCs
- Sharp crude fall opens up space for excise duty hike, steady marketing margins and retail price cuts.
- Retail price cut has been much more slower.
- Implied theoretical marketing margins for OMCs have surged.
- Investors concerned on policy uncertainty and limited visibility on funding of LPG subsidy.
UBS on IT
- Companies with better organic revenue to be more resilient to rupee strength.
- Consensus margins likely at risk; remain more cautious.
- Revenue slowdown beginning to be priced in.
- Continue to remain selective; opportunity to add TCS and Infosys.
Macquarie on HEG
- Maintained ‘Outperform’ with a price target of Rs 5,823.
- Buyback- puts an end to payback concerns.
- High payout to drive re-rating.
- Expansion increases growth visibility.
Deutsche Bank Research on Siemens India
- Maintained ‘Buy’; cut price traget to Rs 1,120 from Rs 1,130.
- Management commentary was selectively positive; upbeat on medium-to-long-term capex story.
- Expect high RoCE digital factories and building segments to lead growth.
- Stock valuation looks attractive.
Deutsche Bank Research on Godrej Properties
- Maintained ‘Buy’ with a price target of Rs 1,000.
- Direct impact of jont venture with Hero cycles in near-term financials is likely to be limited.
- JV should be seen in the context of company’s stated asset-light business model.
- Godrej Properties remains one of the preferred stocks in Indian realty universe.
. Read more on Markets by BloombergQuint.