Stocks (^DJI, ^GSPC, ^IXIC) are mounting a rally at the midday mark, with the health care (XLV) and energy (XLE) sectors leading the way up, while industrials (XLI) and utilities (XLU) remain in the red. Keith Bliss of Cuttone & Co. joins us live from the floor of the New York Stock Exchange. To discuss the other big stories of the day, Alexis Christoforous is joined by Yahoo Finance Editor-in-Chief Andy Serwer, as well as well as Yahoo Finance’s Pras Subramanian and Jeanie Ahn, plus The Famer’s Dog CEO and co-founder Jonathan Regev.
Today, on Midday Movers we discuss:
- Apple, Google and others stash trillions in offshore accounts
- Lower US dollar impacting markets, Fed policy
- Tech earnings on tap: V, EBAY, MSFT
- The Farmer’s Dog: ‘A smarter, healthier pet food’
- How much home can you afford?
- Retirement dread replaces the American Dream
- Mustard merger on National Hotdog Day