Indian equity benchmarks climbed for a fourth time this week led by Bharti Airtel and Reliance Industries.
The S&P BSE Sensex Index rose as much as 0.7 percent to 32,398.17 and the NSE Nifty 50 Index climbed as much as 0.6 percent to trade above 10,100 mark.
The market breadth was firmly tilted in favour of buyers. Fifteen out of 19 sector gauges compiled by BSE Ltd. were trading higher, led by the S&P BSE Telecom Index.
Here Are The Stocks Moving The Market This Morning
Bharti Airtel: Jumps After Tata Tele Deal
Shares of the country’s largest telecom operator rose as much as 8.1 percent, the most in over five months, to Rs 432.60.
The Sunil Mittal-led company agreed to take over Tata group's consumer telecom services business. The “debt-free cash-free” merger will see Airtel take control of operations and a small portion of Tata Teleservices Ltd.’s unpaid spectrum liabilities.
The stock was the best performer on both the Sensex and the Nifty. Trading volume was 14.7 times its 30-day average. Bharti Airtel trades at 51.8 times trailing 12-month earnings per share and 72 times its estimates for the coming year.
Shares of Tata Teleservices (Maharashtra) rose as much as 10.5 percent to Rs 4.86
Piramal Enterprises: Gains On Fund Raising Plans
Shares of the Ajay Piramal-led company rose as much as 1.6 percent to Rs 2,786.20.
The company plans to raise up to Rs 7,000 crore by selling shares to institutional buyers and through a rights issue to its promoter group, according to its exchange notification.
The stock was the second best performer on NSE Nifty Pharma Index. The stock trades at 21 times estimated forward earnings per share and 30.4 times for two-year historical average.
Shriram EPC: Jumps After Winning Order
Shares of the engineering company rose as much as 19.8 percent, the most in over 11 months, to Rs 23.60. The company won multiple orders of worth Rs 349 crore, according to its exchange notification.
Trading volume was 196.7 times its 30-day average. The stock returned a negative 23 percent so far this year and a loss of 4.4 percent in the past 12 months.
Pincon Spirit: Jumps On Alcohol Products Roll Out In Kerala State
Shares of the alcohol maker rose as much as 7.1 percent after it entered into a bottling pact with SDF Industries, Palakkad for its brands
The company got an approval from southern Kerala state’s agency and products will be introduced in first week of November, it said in an exchange notification.
It expects sale of 300,000 cases in FY18.
Stocks Reacting To Earnings
Tata Consultancy Services (Q2FY18, QoQ)
- Stock rose as much as 2.4 percent to Rs 2,608.95
- Total income rose 3.2 percent to Rs 30,451 crore
- EBIT grew 10.8 percent to Rs 7660 crore
- EBIT margins at 25.1 percent versus 23.4 percent
- Profit up 8.4 percent to Rs 6,446 crore
Reliance Industrial Infrastructure (Q2FY18, YoY)
- Stock fell as much as 1.3 percent to Rs 524.55
- Revenue fell 14.8 percent to Rs 19.85 crore
- EBITDA declined 32.4 percent to Rs 3.65 crore
- EBITDA margins at 18.4 percent versus 23.2 percent
- Profit down 20.6 percent to Rs 2.7 crore
Stock Reacting To Bulk Deals
- Stock rose as much as 4.2 percent to Rs 480
- Goldman Sachs India sold 2.94 lakh shares or 1.3 percent stake at Rs 463.05 each
- Birla Sun Life MF bought 1.75 lakh shares or 0.8 percent stake at Rs 463 each
- Stock fell as much as 2.5 percent to Rs 265.30
- Adar Cyrus Poonawalla sold 40.46 lakh shares or 1 percent stake at Rs 263.63 each
- Serum Institute of India bought 40.46 lakh shares or 1 percent stake at Rs 263.63 each
- Stock rose as much as 5.7 percent to Rs 174
- Ranjeet Singh Pawar sold 2.01 lakh shares or 0.7 percent stake at Rs 164.83 each
- Santosh Bhadoriya sold 2.43 lakh shares or 0.9 percent stake at Rs 165.13 each
- Param Capital bought 2 lakh shares or 0.7 percent stake at Rs 163.85 each
- Stock rose as much as 1.5 percent to Rs 243.70
- Promoter Singer (India) B.V. sold 1.35 lakh shares or 1.3 percent stake at Rs 240.69 each
. Read more on Markets by BloombergQuint.