- Home Federal Bank Completes its Conversion from a Federally-Chartered … GlobeNewswire - 23 hours ago
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. -- HF Financial Corp. today announced that its operating subsidiary, Home Federal Bank, had successfully completed its previously announced conversion from a federal savings association ...
- Azimo Expands Services to Reach Romanian Diaspora across Eur … Business Wire - Thu 26 Feb, 2015 9:00 PM IST
Azimo, the online money transfer service, has expanded its service to Romania. Customers can now send money direct to a personal or business bank account in Romanian lei or send mo
- 15 Ways to Save for Vacation US News - Thu 26 Feb, 2015 7:51 PM IST
You still have plenty of time to make small adjustments to your everyday life that can result in a big impact on your travel fund. Make your vacation fund separate from other savings and checking accounts. Factor saving for travel into your budget, and then automate deposits into your vacation fund so you don't have to …
- Move over Selfies, Bank of the West Customers Use Their Smartphone … Business Wire - Thu 26 Feb, 2015 7:45 PM IST
Fiserv, Inc. , a leading global provider of financial services technology solutions, today announced that Bank of the West, a $71.7 billion asset bank with locations in 22 states, has added the Snap-to-Pay™ capability to its mobile banking app.
- House votes to expand college accounts Obama wanted to scrap Associated Press - Thu 26 Feb, 2015 2:27 AM IST
The House voted Wednesday to expand the benefits of popular college savings plans that President Barack Obama failed to scale back. The bill would let students use money from college savings accounts to ...
- Make Your Retirement Savings Last a Lifetime Kiplinger - Wed 25 Feb, 2015 11:10 PM IST
To boost a nest egg's longevity, advisers and academics are increasingly turning to 'dynamic' drawdown strategies that adapt to changing circumstances.
- 3 Ways to Save Money on Every Purchase US News - Wed 25 Feb, 2015 8:47 PM IST
Use a cash back credit card. Some people sign up for multiple cash back credit cards and use whichever one provides the best discount for each purchase, but I just use one that gives 2 percent back on everything.
- The Costs and Benefits of the Blended Family US News - Wed 25 Feb, 2015 8:30 PM IST
When Carrie Smith was growing up with her stepmother, stepbrother and four younger siblings, her parents took care to treat each child equally. Blended families like Smith's often face extra hurdles when it comes to managing their money, according to recently released data from Allianz's LoveFamilyMoney survey, which included …
- JPMorgan to close 5 percent of bank branches to cut costs Associated Press - Wed 25 Feb, 2015 3:49 AM IST
JPMorgan Chase plans to close 300 bank branches over the next two years, about 5 percent of the total, as more customers move online and the bank seeks to cut costs. The closures are part of a $1.4 billion ...
- Why You Shouldn't Dump Your Brick-and-Mortar Bank US News - Tue 24 Feb, 2015 8:21 PM IST
In fact, it's never been easier to do so, thanks to the long-dependable automatic deposit and the advent of smartphone deposits and online services such as PayPal.com and Google Wallet to transfer money to another bank account. "Over the past two decades, banks have worked incredibly hard to remove people from their lobbies …
- How Millennials Should Handle Lifestyle Inflation US News - Tue 24 Feb, 2015 7:10 PM IST
Lifestyle inflation is a natural part of growing up. Promotions, raises and bonuses offer millennials (and members of all generations) the opportunity to start living more comfortably, or even extravagantly. While the lifestyle inflation creep often sends personal finance enthusiasts into a panic, millennials can embrace …
- 6 Principles to Adopt to Find Your Future Wealth Entrepreneur - Tue 24 Feb, 2015 5:00 AM IST
- 4 Money Mistakes Made by Businesses That Are Always Short on … Entrepreneur - Tue 24 Feb, 2015 12:00 AM IST
- 10 Essential Startup Expenses, and 10 You Should Avoid Entrepreneur - Mon 23 Feb, 2015 9:30 PM IST
- Here's the budget of a 27-year-old who owns 2 houses Business Insider - Mon 23 Feb, 2015 9:30 PM IST
After graduating college in 2009, Brian Maida...
- Discover Financial Services to Present at Keefe, Bruyette & Woods … Business Wire - Mon 23 Feb, 2015 9:01 PM IST
Discover executives Harit Talwar, president-U.S. cards, and Mark Graf, chief financial officer, will present at the Keefe, Bruyette & Woods Cards, Payments and Financial Technology Symposium in New York on Tuesday, March 10, 2015, at 8:00 a.m.
- Modern Money Lessons From Mary Todd Lincoln US News - Mon 23 Feb, 2015 7:32 PM IST
The play, which just ended its run at the historic theater in the District of Columbia, explores the days after President Lincoln's assassination, when Mary struggles to regain her sense of identity and live amid her grief. As her character, played by Mary Bacon, faces dozens of unpaid bills for home furnishings, clothes …
- How to Cash a Check Without a Bank Account US News - Fri 20 Feb, 2015 7:25 PM IST
Others may charge a flat fee in addition to a percentage fee. A bank will only cash a check for a non-customer if a check is issued by that specific bank. For instance, TD Bank charges $5 whenever a non-customer wants to cash a TD Bank check. Meanwhile, Citibank doesn't impose a fee when a non-customer wants to cash …
- First Savings Financial Group, Inc. Announces Quarterly Cash … GlobeNewswire - Fri 20 Feb, 2015 3:30 AM IST
CLARKSVILLE, Ind. -- First Savings Financial Group, Inc. (the "Company'), the holding company for First Savings Bank, today announced that its Board of Directors declared a quarterly cash dividend ...
- New Discover it Miles Card Combines Flexible Travel and Unlimited … Business Wire - Fri 20 Feb, 2015 2:54 AM IST
As Americans start putting their travel plans in motion for 2015, Discover announces the launch of the new Discover it Miles® Card, a no-annual-fee1 credit card that helps traveler
- 5 Tools That Will Help You Simplify -- and Save US News - Fri 20 Feb, 2015 12:44 AM IST
Whether you could use some help managing your email inbox, keeping your spending under control or maybe just earning a higher interest rate on your savings, there are new tools that can make money management easier. We take all that information and simplify it down to its essence," he says.
- A 29-year-old invented a painless way to save money, and Google's … Business Insider - Thu 19 Feb, 2015 10:30 PM IST
If you find it painful saving money, you’re...
- 8 Hacks to Ease Your Financial Life US News - Thu 19 Feb, 2015 8:23 PM IST
Upgrade your financial planning. Here's a roundup of eight common hacks experts use for financial planning -- and that you can use, too. "Think of talking with a financial advisor like talking with your doctor. Get a diagnosis and a care plan," says Kathleen Hastings, portfolio manager with FBB Capital Partners, based …
- 10 Best Banks and Credit Unions for the Military US News - Thu 19 Feb, 2015 7:20 PM IST
Life is anything but simple for members of the U.S. military: They frequently move, work odd hours, travel often or even live overseas, which means their financial situation can change dramatically from one moment to the next. Once deployed, simple financial transactions like ATM withdrawals, check deposit and money transfers …
- Financial apps can help keep your spending in check Associated Press - Thu 19 Feb, 2015 3:05 AM IST
Joshua Levinson was about to splurge on some exercise equipment, but a personal finance app on his smartphone gave him a friendly reminder: He'd just recently dropped $150 for Valentine's Day. "When ...
- Research and Markets: Individual Savings Accounts in the UK - … Business Wire - Thu 19 Feb, 2015 12:22 AM IST
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Individual Savings Accounts in the UK - Key Trends and Opport
- Grocery Receipt Scanning Apps You Should Try US News - Wed 18 Feb, 2015 10:09 PM IST
Now a wave of smartphone apps, including Checkout 51, Ibotta and Snap by Groupon, allow you to take a photo of your receipt from the grocery store to earn cash back on certain items without clipping coupons. "You can get herb salads, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, mangos, even 50 cents off milk," says Teri Gault, CEO of grocery …
- First Capital, Inc. Announces Date of Annual Meeting GlobeNewswire - Wed 18 Feb, 2015 8:59 PM IST
CORYDON, Ind. -- First Capital, Inc. today announced that its annual meeting of stockholders will be held on Wednesday, May 27, 2015.
- Top Money Tips for the Ladies US News - Wed 18 Feb, 2015 8:56 PM IST
Personal finance author Barbara Stanny, author of "Sacred Success," says women, herself included, often earn less money than they could be. Manisha Thakor, co-author of "On My Own Two Feet," says women often make the mistake of keeping money secrets early on in relationships, such as hiding credit card debt or an overspending …
- 7 Apps to Save Money on Dining Out US News - Wed 18 Feb, 2015 7:35 PM IST
Whether you're heading to your favorite restaurant or fast-food joint, the cost of dining out can make a big dent in your budget. Americans spend an average $936 on lunch outside the home each year, according ...
- MaxMyInterest Adds New Consolidated Tax Reporting Feature to … GlobeNewswire - Wed 18 Feb, 2015 4:32 PM IST
NEW YORK, N.Y. -- via PRWEB - MaxMyInterest, an intelligent online cash management solution that helps investors automatically maximize the interest they earn on their bank deposits, has added Consolidated ...
- Here's the surprisingly conservative budget of a 26-year-old … Business Insider - Tue 17 Feb, 2015 9:30 PM IST
While Tim Jacobs was growing up, his parents...
- 5 Tools to Manage Your Money in Retirement US News - Tue 17 Feb, 2015 7:30 PM IST
Saving money involves building up a large enough nest egg to live comfortably in retirement, but managing your money is about making it last as long as you need it to. Once you retire, there are at least four factors that will affect your retirement investments: inflation, swings in the financial markets, large and unexpected …
- 3 of the worst millennial money habits CNBC - Tue 17 Feb, 2015 6:03 PM IST
- Hackers' $1 billion bank theft may still impact consumers Associated Press - Tue 17 Feb, 2015 3:10 AM IST
- 3 Questions That Predict Your Financial Future US News - Fri 13 Feb, 2015 10:27 PM IST
Workers increasingly need to make important retirement planning decisions, including how much to contribute to retirement accounts, how to invest their savings and how to draw down their wealth in retirement. A new report by the Pension Research Council at the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School found that adults …
- Why a Money Date Makes the Best Valentine's Day Gift US News - Fri 13 Feb, 2015 7:44 PM IST
If you're in a relationship, then you might be brainstorming last-minute ways to celebrate Valentine's Day. The National Retail Federation reports that on average, celebrants will spend $142.31 on candy, flowers, clothes and other items this year.
- To Fall in Love With Your Finances, Do This US News - Fri 13 Feb, 2015 7:00 PM IST
Mandy Len Catron's recent essay in The New York Times, "To Fall in Love With Anyone, Do This," got me thinking: What deserves love, but is the hardest thing to fall in love with? It's easy to stick your head in the sand when it comes to personal finance, even when you know you shouldn't. I do, and it's especially embarrassing …
- E*TRADE Financial Corporation Reports Monthly Activity for January … Business Wire - Fri 13 Feb, 2015 6:35 PM IST
E*TRADE Financial Corporation today released its Monthly Activity Report for January 2015.
- This couple set aside half of their income to pay off their entire … Business Insider - Thu 12 Feb, 2015 11:37 PM IST
When Trevor MacKenzie moved into his wife...
- Fidelity® Finds “Personal Finance” May Be Too “Personal” to Talk … Business Wire - Thu 12 Feb, 2015 11:30 PM IST
A new study by Fidelity Investments® found that women overwhelmingly want to learn more about financial planning and get more involved in their finances within the next year .
- Sallie Mae Bank Recognized as a Best Online Bank of 2015 Business Wire - Thu 12 Feb, 2015 10:28 PM IST
Sallie Mae Bank – the retail banking arm of Sallie Mae – today announced it has been named a best online bank of 2015 by GOBankingRates, a leading personal finance site.
- What to Buy at the Dollar Store US News - Thu 12 Feb, 2015 9:22 PM IST
Dollar stores are abundant with supplies to celebrate holidays and special occasions, and this is where you can get a lot of bang for your buck. Speaking of celebrations, consider buying your wrapping paper and gift bags at the dollar store, too. You can find a nice selection of greeting cards at the dollar store, sometimes …
- A Wealth Building Plan for You: College Grad Edition US News - Thu 12 Feb, 2015 8:03 PM IST
This is especially important if you have numerous student loans, or loans with variable interest rates. This can also help you plan out which loans to attack next.
- The 10 Best Banks of 2015 US News - Thu 12 Feb, 2015 7:15 PM IST
But is that to say traditional banks don't have anything of real value to offer? National banks also tend to offer a wider choice of products to fit their diverse clients' financial needs, from free checking accounts and jumbo loans to investment, insurance and wealth management services. Additionally, a 2014 GOBankingRates …
- Merging money? Couples living together need a financial plan Associated Press - Thu 12 Feb, 2015 1:17 AM IST
Budgets are not romantic, but unwed couples who want to live together should break out a calculator before calling the moving trucks. Creating a financial plan can help prevent arguments and unpleasant ...
- Study Shows Financial Institutions How to Engage Inactive Customers … Business Wire - Wed 11 Feb, 2015 11:30 PM IST
Deluxe Corporation . Effective onboarding and activation that emphasizes customer engagement can help financial institutions boost profitability by $212 per customer, acc
- Loads of Americans literally hide money under the mattress — … Business Insider - Wed 11 Feb, 2015 10:46 PM IST
- Research and Markets: HNWI Asset Allocation in Poland 2014-2 … Business Wire - Wed 11 Feb, 2015 10:16 PM IST
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "HNWI Asset Allocation in Poland 2014" report to their offerin
- Money and Love Tips From a Blogging Couple US News - Wed 11 Feb, 2015 10:06 PM IST
When Derek and Carrie Olsen got engaged, they were quickly confronted with a major money emergency: Carrie owned a house that was facing foreclosure. "It was through that financial disaster that we started talking about money and doing a monthly budget. It forced team work and ended up being about so many other things, …