What are the risks associated with using plastic money? How can they be reduced? — Naveen B.
With the increase in usage of credit and debit card transactions, chances of fraud have also increased. Take the undermentioned precautions, you can ensure a very high degree of safety for your card.
- When using your card, memorize your CVV number printed on the back of the card and delete it from the card.
- Never share card details with anyone.
- Memorize your PIN and never share with anyone.
- Change your PIN periodically.
- Use card at trusted merchants only.
- Never let the card go out of your sight. It takes a few seconds to clone the card.
- Check your card statement regularly.
- Activate transaction alerts on your card transaction.
- Turn off international usage on the card unless you need it often. You can reactivate it anytime by requesting your customer care or by using the bank’s app.
- Don’t give your mobile phone registered with the card company in the hand of an unknown person.
- If you find any unusual transaction on your card, immediately report it to the customer care and block your card immediately.
Have a question on personal finance? Ping me on Twitter at @adhilshetty with the hashtag #AskAdhil.