- Retail inflation surged to 4.62 percent in October, mainly on account of higher food prices, according to government data released on Wednesday, 13 November.
- The inflation based on Consumer Price Index (CPI) was 3.99 percent in September and 3.38 per cent in October 2018.
- The inflation in the food basket spiked to 7.89 per cent in October 2019 as against 5.11 per cent the preceding month.
- The Reserve Bank mainly factors in the CPI based inflation to arrive at its bi-monthly monetary policy.
- The RBI has been asked to keep the retail inflation at around 4 percent.
. Read more on Business by The Quint.RSS & BJP’s Nehru-Netaji ‘Cosplay’: Irony Dies a Thousand DeathsFamily Demands Probe After IIT Madras Student Allegedly Kills Self . Read more on Business by The Quint.