- Why Wipro tumbled when Sensex hit new high Yahoo Finance India - Tue 22 Apr, 2014 5:00 PM IST
While stock market indices touched a new peak over the past two days, shares of Wipro – a key index component – tumbled nearly 10%.
- Why I prefer the swoosh of plastic to the crackle of cash Yahoo Finance India - Tue 22 Apr, 2014 2:49 PM IST
The convenience, security, universal acceptance, benefits and privileges that come with plastic make choosing it over cash a no-brainer.
- How to understand stock market recommendations Yahoo Finance India - Mon 21 Apr, 2014 11:25 AM IST
Picking a stock to buy is like searching for a needle in a hay stack. You may not be able to buy the stock most in demand – it may be very costly.
- India Inc is hiring again Yahoo Finance India - Tue 15 Apr, 2014 9:24 AM IST
The greatest demand will be for trained engineers – a job profile that is expected to grow by 12 percent.
- Scared of stock market swings? 5 things to note Yahoo Finance India - Fri 11 Apr, 2014 2:49 PM IST
A falling stock market is always a cause of concern for retail investors. This is because the value of their stock falls. This is especially so, if the fall happens just after buying shares.
- 'Rail Neer' purification processes conform to 'highest stan … Yahoo Finance India - Fri 11 Apr, 2014 11:11 AM IST
Rail Neer is manufactured as per BIS standard IS: 14543 as well as conforms with European Union norms for pesticide residue.
- Why you should trade carefully this election season Yahoo Finance India - Thu 10 Apr, 2014 5:05 PM IST
Ahead of the elections, the markets hit new lifetime highs repeatedly. It is safe to assume that the Street is anticipating a pick-up in the economy post the election, and hence betting for a brighter future.
- Why every nice person should watch this short film Yahoo Finance India - Tue 8 Apr, 2014 10:54 AM IST
Have you ever felt frustrated, furious or deeply pained, only because you've been the 'nicest' guy or girl around?
- Sun Pharma-Ranbaxy merger: What this means Yahoo Finance India - Mon 7 Apr, 2014 11:12 AM IST
Sun Pharma, a large Indian drug maker, has announced acquisition of Ranbaxy Laboratories, another Indian pharmaceutical company. Over the past 5 days, Ranbaxy shares jumped 22%, while Sun Pharma shares rose 2% on Monday.
- Bad credit health can ruin your dreams if ignored Yahoo Finance India - Thu 3 Apr, 2014 2:50 PM IST
People with low credit score and bad credit health face a lot of difficulties in getting finance from the market.
- Tax Saving in Section 80C simplified Yahoo Finance India - Wed 2 Apr, 2014 11:21 AM IST
Have you always wondered how to save tax? Do you want to know the simplest way to save tax? Some of the expenditure that you have already done in the financial year may qualify for a deduction. Read on to know how.
- Why 'right now' could be a great time to buy property Yahoo Finance India - Mon 24 Mar, 2014 8:49 AM IST
Prices are expected to rise with a pick-up in demand, as stable government could boost demand in real estate.
- ATMs may be hit on April 8 as Windows XP operating system en … Yahoo Finance India - Sat 22 Mar, 2014 8:44 AM IST
Banking operations, including ATM services, may be hit as support from Microsoft for Windows XP operating system will end from April 8.
- Reliance posts YouTube video to refute AAP allegations Yahoo Finance India - Fri 21 Mar, 2014 1:13 PM IST
Arvind Kejriwal had alleged Narendra Modi made Ambani family's son-in-law Saurabh Patel a minister for energy, petrochemicals and mining because of his 'close relations with Mukesh Ambani.
- Nilekani, wife declared assets worth Rs 7,700 crore Yahoo Finance India - Fri 21 Mar, 2014 9:09 AM IST
Making his wealth public a day before stepping into the fray, Infosys co-founder and Congress candidate from Bangalore South, Nandan Nilekani has declared that he and his wife Rohini Nilekani have assets worth Rs 7,700 crore.
- SpiceJet crew in trouble over mid-air Holi dance Yahoo Finance India - Thu 20 Mar, 2014 10:59 AM IST
While the whole world celebrated Holi with much pomp and show; two SpiceJet pilots were suspended after a video of their celebration mid-air surfaced on YouTube
- How big companies use colours to affect your emotions Yahoo Finance India - Wed 19 Mar, 2014 11:48 AM IST
Do you ever wonder why some logos are bright yellow and some red? That's because logos carry sublime colour meanings.
- These Holi advertisements will make you smile Yahoo Finance India - Mon 17 Mar, 2014 10:42 AM IST
While India's spring fest has now gone international, with several variations being played across different countries, it's little surprise that global brands cash in on the festival fever every year.
- Why Infosys shares tumbled Yahoo Finance India - Thu 13 Mar, 2014 11:04 AM IST
Infosys spoke to investors about prospects for business going forward on Wednesday.
- 7 simple hacks to save on taxes Yahoo Finance India - Wed 12 Mar, 2014 11:53 AM IST
It’s that time of the year again when the HR department sends you an email reminding you to ‘declare your investments’ for the financial year, pronto.
- SpiceJet, IndiGo slash air fares again Yahoo Finance India - Wed 12 Mar, 2014 10:21 AM IST
India’s budget carriers SpiceJet and Indigo have cut air fares for travel bookings made between March 12 and 16 ahead of the festive season.
- Tata Motors asks 600 employees to leave Yahoo Finance India - Tue 11 Mar, 2014 3:56 PM IST
Reeling under pressure, Tata Motors has asked close to 600 permanent employees to accept an early retirement offer.
- Train ticket prices take off like airfares Yahoo Finance India - Tue 11 Mar, 2014 11:10 AM IST
Taking a cue from the dynamic airfares, the railways used the concept to earn extra revenue.
- Basics explained: How is PMI different from IIP Yahoo Finance India - Mon 10 Mar, 2014 1:01 PM IST
Stock markets use different barometers to assess the performance of businesses. While company specific developments matter to investors, it is also important to look at the overall performance of the industry.
- Google may have to cough up $5-bn fine Yahoo Finance India - Mon 10 Mar, 2014 12:13 PM IST
Google can face a penalty of up to $5 billion if the Competition Commission of India (CCI) investigation finds that the global Internet giant has violated fair competition rules in India.
- Industry initiative to develop skilled labour Yahoo Finance India - Fri 7 Mar, 2014 11:17 AM IST
In India we are experiencing a quantity and quality gap in terms of skilled students available to take up jobs offered by the manufacturing sector. The need for skilled technicians for this sector alone is estimated to be around 40 million by the year 2022.
- Telangana issue: 10 things to know Yahoo Finance India - Wed 5 Mar, 2014 10:57 AM IST
Amidst an uproar, the Indian Parliament passed a Bill approving the formation of a new state of Telangana.
- 5 tax saving rules you must know Yahoo Finance India - Wed 5 Mar, 2014 10:47 AM IST
We want our investments to give good returns. We worry that together with inflation, tax payments will erase most of our gains.
- New deadline to exchange pre-2005 currency notes Yahoo Finance India - Tue 4 Mar, 2014 11:30 AM IST
The Reserve Bank of India has extended the date for exchanging currency notes that were issued before 2005 to 1 January 2015.
- Celebrating Jamsetji Tata's 175th birthday Yahoo Finance India - Mon 3 Mar, 2014 3:17 PM IST
On this day 175 years ago, founder of the Tata empire, Jamsetji Tata was born in Navsari, Gujarat.
- Government approves 10% hike in DA Yahoo Finance India - Fri 28 Feb, 2014 1:28 PM IST
The Union Cabinet approved a 10 percent hike in dearness allowance for government employees.
- All you need to know about the Subrata Roy case Yahoo Finance India - Fri 28 Feb, 2014 1:05 PM IST
Sahara India chief Subrata Roy surrenders before the police, a day after they failed to trace him to execute a Supreme Court warrant for his arrest. What is the whole saga about?
- Property prices set to soar, except in Mumbai, Delhi Yahoo Finance India - Fri 28 Feb, 2014 11:40 AM IST
Property prices in most Indian cities are set to see a sharp increase over the next six months
- The world’s most livable cities Yahoo Finance India - Wed 26 Feb, 2014 1:08 PM IST
Take a look at the best cities for quality of living in the world
- Why India's economy is still stuck in a rut Yahoo Finance India - Tue 25 Feb, 2014 12:34 PM IST
The Indian economy has seen a prolonged slowdown over the past many quarters, especially since the US Financial Crisis in 2008. From a peak of 9%, the growth in India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) – a measure of the economy – is down to 5%. This is the lowest in a decade. The Indian economy has seen a prolonged slowdown …
- SpiceJet offers 75% discount on tickets Yahoo Finance India - Mon 24 Feb, 2014 12:25 PM IST
Low-fare airline SpiceJet offers a discount of 75 percent on travel bookings this summer.
- The world’s most powerful brands Yahoo Finance India - Sun 23 Feb, 2014 5:57 PM IST
Ferrari is identified as the most powerful brand in the world, according to Brand Finance.
- Basics Explained: What triggers gold smuggling Yahoo Finance India - Fri 21 Feb, 2014 3:18 PM IST
In the last year, smuggling or import of gold through unofficial means has been on the rise.
- Nations with GDP smaller than FB-WhatsApp deal Yahoo Finance India - Fri 21 Feb, 2014 12:50 PM IST
Ever wondered how many countries have a GDP the size of the Facebook-WhatsApp deal?
- Car prices slashed by up to Rs 135,000 Yahoo Finance India - Thu 20 Feb, 2014 2:39 PM IST
Take a look at auto makers who have slashed their prices
- Ad wars: Cadbury Perk vs Nestlé Munch Yahoo Finance India - Wed 19 Feb, 2014 10:34 PM IST
You’ve seen the cola wars and the newspaper rows. Check out the brands that have joined that wagon now
- Bharti to buy Loop Mobile: 5 things to know Yahoo Finance India - Wed 19 Feb, 2014 3:42 PM IST
Bharti Airtel has agreed to buy Loop Mobile, a small operator owned by IP Khaitan and family.
- When will India overtake the US? Yahoo Finance India - Wed 19 Feb, 2014 11:00 AM IST
Long before Finance Minister P Chidambaram laid down his elaborate plan to make India the third largest economy by 2043; Swedish medical doctor, academic, statistician and public speaker Hans Rosling predicted India would definitely be at par with the world’s superpowers (irrespective of the ruling party and their 10 point …
- World’s first DTH Karaoke launched in India Yahoo Finance India - Tue 18 Feb, 2014 12:49 PM IST
If you’re a music lover, here’s a fun way to spend time with family at friends at home
- Interim Budget 2014: How government spends Yahoo Finance India - Mon 17 Feb, 2014 2:53 PM IST
The interim budget is largely a spending exercise.
- How this Interim Budget affects you Yahoo Finance India - Mon 17 Feb, 2014 2:49 PM IST
Any change in indirect taxes like excise duty may make some goods and services cheaper.
- Interim Budget: Why fiscal deficit matters Yahoo Finance India - Mon 17 Feb, 2014 11:09 AM IST
Finance Minister P Chidambaram is going to table the interim budget for 2014-15 in the Lok Sabha.
- How rail budget affects stock market Yahoo Finance India - Wed 12 Feb, 2014 2:38 PM IST
The interim Railway Budget for 2014-15 announced no changes in freight rates. Mallikarjun Kharge, minister of Railways, announced a budget that may not bother passengers as there were no changes in passenger fare too.
- Five takeaways from Budget 2014-15 Yahoo Finance India - Wed 12 Feb, 2014 2:27 PM IST
Usually, new trains are announced while train fares and freight rates are tweaked. This year, things have been a bit different.
- Interim Rail Budget: New trains, corridors, lines and salari … Yahoo Finance India - Wed 12 Feb, 2014 1:30 PM IST
Mallikarjun Kharge presented the UPA's last railway budget during the current term of the Lok Sabha.