- General Motors, Caterpillar, BGB: Doug Kass' Views TheStreet.com - 1 hour 49 minutes ago
Doug Kass shares his views on General Motors and how falling grain prices are affecting Caterpillar shares.
- Tesla, Banks, SPDR S&P 500 ETF: Doug Kass' Views TheStreet.com - 2 hours 4 minutes ago
Doug Kass shares how he's positioned for the Monday after Greece's referendum and does a double-take on Bank of America's recent actions on Tesla shares.
- BP, CVX, OXY, MRO: Jim Cramer's Views @ TheStreet.com - 2 hours 4 minutes ago
Jim Cramer shares his views on good signs for energy and the not-so-scary woods of stocks. BP, Chevron, Occidental and Marathon are among the many stocks discussed here.
- Futures Sink Sharply as Greece's 'No' Camp Looks Set to Win @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
The euro falls more than 0.91% against the dollar.
- Greece Says 'No' to Creditor Demands in Referendum @ TheStreet.com - 12 hours ago
Final results on referendum are in -- Greece votes 'no' to creditors' demands, an outcome European officials said would mean a Greek exit from the euro.
- Polls Close on Greece Referendum Vote @ TheStreet.com - 14 hours ago
Update: Greeks voted Sunday on whether Greece should accept its creditors' demands. European officials said a "no" vote would be tantamount to a Greek exit from the euro.
- JPMorgan, Citigroup Set for Gains, GuideStone Manager Dugan … @ TheStreet.com - 20 hours ago
Even though JPMorgan has strong business lines across the board, the bank still doesn't get the respect it deserves.
- Buy Foot Locker, JetBlue, Mohawk, Recommends Hennessy Fund M … @ TheStreet.com - 20 hours ago
All three have posted double-digit gains so far in 2015, but Brian Peery, portfolio manager for the Hennessy Cornerstone Mid-Cap 30 Fund, says they have more room to rise.
- Foot Locker, JetBlue & Mohawk Could Help Kickstart Your Port … @ TheStreet.com - 20 hours ago
Brian Peery’s Hennessey Cornerstone Mid-cap 30 Fund has returned 11% thus far in 2015 by investing in names like JetBlue (JBLU), Mohawk Industries (MHK) and Foot Locker (FL).
- JPMorgan, Citigroup Have Gains Ahead Says GuideStone Manager @ TheStreet.com - 21 hours ago
Even though JPMorgan has strong business lines across the board, the bank still does not get the respect it deserves.
- USAA Seeking to Raise Mutual Fund Profile @ TheStreet.com - 21 hours ago
USAA is well known for its insurance business, especially when it comes to serving veterans.
- FB, AXP, INTC, DOW: Jim Cramer's Views @ TheStreet.com - 23 hours ago
Jim Cramer shares his views on "a real bad market" and big-stock breakdowns. Facebook, American Express, Intel and Dow are among the many stocks discussed here.
- Campaigns End as Greek Citizens Prepare to Vote on Referendu … @ TheStreet.com - Sat 4 Jul, 2015 8:10 PM IST
Update: On Friday, Greece's top court rejected an appeal to cancel the vote that will allow citizens to accept or reject creditors' terms on sovereign debt it owes.
- 17 Patriotic Movies to Watch on Amazon Over the Holiday Week … @ TheStreet.com - Sat 4 Jul, 2015 7:38 PM IST
Celebrate the Fourth the American way, by watching lots and lots of movies.
- Jim Cramer on Oil Stocks and Opportunities for Consolidation @ TheStreet.com - Sat 4 Jul, 2015 6:30 PM IST
TheStreet's Jim Cramer and Jack Mohr focus on energy stocks to own in the second half of 2015 and the possibility for consolidation in the sector.
- Cramer's Action Alerts PLUS Portfolio Outlook -- Its Oil Shares … @ TheStreet.com - Sat 4 Jul, 2015 6:30 PM IST
As 2015's second half begins, Action Alerts PLUS portfolio manager Jim Cramer and research director Jack Mohr look back at a good performance, and plan for a better one.
- Greece-Inspired Volatility Proves Value of Alternative Mutual … @ TheStreet.com - Sat 4 Jul, 2015 3:45 PM IST
The spike in volatility as a result of the Greek crisis has the market on edge, says Jonathan Angrist, portfolio manager for the Cognios Market Neutral Large Cap Fund.
- Greek Drama a Boon for Alternative Funds Says Cognios Manage … @ TheStreet.com - Sat 4 Jul, 2015 3:30 PM IST
The spike in volatility as a result of the Greek crisis has the market on edge and the VIX, or so-called fear index, spiking over 30% to almost 19.
- Housing Bulls, Media Blather, China Risks and Bank Action: Best … @ TheStreet.com - Sat 4 Jul, 2015 6:30 AM IST
In highlights from this week's trading diary and posts, Kass discusses housing market bulls, business pundits, banking sector stocks, and a scary prediction about the Chinese economy.
- Blame the E.U.; Don't Ignore the Good News; ... But Stay Skeptical: … @ TheStreet.com - Sat 4 Jul, 2015 6:30 AM IST
Catch up on Jim Cramer's ideas from this past week as he discusses how the E.U. abetted the Greek crisis, good news we're ignoring, and whether it's time to bargain-hunt.
- How to Play Cigna, Syngenta, T-Mobile as M&A Heats Up @ TheStreet.com - Sat 4 Jul, 2015 4:40 AM IST
M&A has, indeed, become the new growth strategy in the first half of 2015.
- Greece Council of State Rejects Appeal to Cancel Referendum @ TheStreet.com - Fri 3 Jul, 2015 10:40 PM IST
Update: Greece's top court rejected an appeal to cancel the vote that will allow citizens to accept or reject creditors' terms on sovereign debt it owes.
- Aetna to Buy Humana for $37 Billion in Cash and Stock @ TheStreet.com - Fri 3 Jul, 2015 10:06 PM IST
Health insurer Aetna will buy rival Humana for $37 billion in cash and stock, or about $230 per Humana share based on Aetna's Thursday closing price.
- 5 Must-Avoid Summer Destinations That Are Wildly Popular @ TheStreet.com - Fri 3 Jul, 2015 9:29 PM IST
If you hate crowds and high prices, steer clear of these destinations this summer.
- What to Do With Your Next Long Airport Layover - Free Layover … @ TheStreet.com - Fri 3 Jul, 2015 8:59 PM IST
Some airports offer free tours for people with long layovers, connecting travelers with English speaking guides and transportation to top tourist sites. Here’s where the trend is emerging.
- Bourbon Whiskey -- A Brief History of This All-American Drin … @ TheStreet.com - Fri 3 Jul, 2015 8:48 PM IST
Why not celebrate this Fourth of July by savoring some bourbon, a truly American spirit. Here's a brief history of our national whiskey.
- Fed Rate Hike Is Nothing to Panic About @ TheStreet.com - Fri 3 Jul, 2015 8:40 PM IST
If the Federal Reserve raises the funds rate, it's going to have an effect on fixed income retirement investments such as bonds. However, all is not lost.
- Everything You Need to Know About Greece Right Now @ TheStreet.com - Fri 3 Jul, 2015 7:41 PM IST
Greece's fate now hinges on a referendum, but the implications of a 'no' vote may be more complicated than you might think.
- Taylor Swift Takes Show to Jersey; Ukraine's Debt Talks: 10 Things … @ TheStreet.com - Fri 3 Jul, 2015 6:01 PM IST
Earnings from Pepsi, an NYC exhibit on sneakers and a speech from Fed Chair Yellen also make the list.
- 10 Best States to Retire -- and Florida Isn’t on the List @ TheStreet.com - Fri 3 Jul, 2015 5:45 PM IST
Thinking of retiring? Don't head to Florida. It didn't make the list of the top 10 places to retire. But some of the states that did may surprise you.
- Three Products That Will Be Priced to Move at Stores This July … @ TheStreet.com - Fri 3 Jul, 2015 5:30 PM IST
Independence Day weekend means big discounts at department stores, especially for these three product categories.
- Intel, Wal-Mart, DuPont: Buy the Dow's Three Worst Performer … @ TheStreet.com - Fri 3 Jul, 2015 4:55 PM IST
There's tons on value in all three stocks for relatively minimal risk.
- Acuity Brands, ConAgra, Fitbit -- Two to Buy, One to Sell on … @ TheStreet.com - Fri 3 Jul, 2015 4:53 PM IST
Combined, shares of the three companies have skyrocketed some 60% over the past year.
- Why One Bad Jobs Number Won't Scare the Fed @ TheStreet.com - Fri 3 Jul, 2015 4:50 PM IST
Workforce participation did fall. But that doesn't mean the expansion is off track.
- Exxon Mobil, Chesapeake Energy: One to Buy, One to Sell at 52-Week … @ TheStreet.com - Fri 3 Jul, 2015 4:49 PM IST
Not all energy companies suffer for the same reasons. Buy Exxon and avoid Chesapeake.
- U.S. Economy Picking Up Steam and Will Lift Stocks @ TheStreet.com - Fri 3 Jul, 2015 3:44 PM IST
First-quarter growth in the first quarter of 2015 may have been abysmal, but the economy has since picked up steam and this momentum will lift stocks in the second half.
- Take Mortgage-Backed Bonds over Treasuries as U.S. Economy I … @ TheStreet.com - Fri 3 Jul, 2015 3:44 PM IST
Jeffery Elswick, portfolio manager for the Frost Total Return Bond Fund, sees a self-sustaining economy.
- Mortgage-Backed Bonds a Better Bet Than Treasuries Says Frost … @ TheStreet.com - Fri 3 Jul, 2015 3:29 PM IST
Mortgage-backed bonds and securitized loans are a better place to be than Treasuries as growth in the U.S. starts to pick up.
- Stick With Stocks as Economy Picks Up Steam Says AllianzGI’s … @ TheStreet.com - Fri 3 Jul, 2015 3:29 PM IST
Growth in the first quarter of 2015 may have been abysmal, but the economy has since picked up steam and this momentum will lift stocks in the second half.
- 'Fast Money' Recap: The Calm Before the Storm? @ TheStreet.com - Fri 3 Jul, 2015 2:30 PM IST
The trading panel discussed this weekend's Greek referendum, Yelp and Tesla.
- Cramer: Greece in Eurozone Is Good for Stock Market, but Bad … @ TheStreet.com - Fri 3 Jul, 2015 5:45 AM IST
Cramer explains why a "yes" vote in Sunday's referendum would hurt Greece long-term.
- Cramer's Watching Greece Next Week, 'Yes' Means Strong Market, … @ TheStreet.com - Fri 3 Jul, 2015 5:30 AM IST
Jim Cramer tells investors that the thing to watch out for next week ‘is very simple: we need to see what the referendum is for Greece.'
- T-Mobile-Sprint Fight, Less Liberty -- Telecom Winners and L … @ TheStreet.com - Fri 3 Jul, 2015 4:49 AM IST
The CEOs of T-Mobile and Sprint exchanged unpleasantries via Twitter. Liberty Global sank on high volume, which could be signaling a new trend.
- Jim Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: How to Profit Playing by the … @ TheStreet.com - Fri 3 Jul, 2015 4:30 AM IST
Cramer believes in active money management, staying nimble and flexible to always keep your money working for you and not against you.
- President Obama -- Legislative Success Led to Economic Progr … @ TheStreet.com - Fri 3 Jul, 2015 4:08 AM IST
The president remains optimistic before a crowd in Wisconsin.
- 'Tepid' Gold Hits Nearly 4-Month Low Ahead of Weekend @ TheStreet.com - Fri 3 Jul, 2015 3:57 AM IST
The jobs numbers did not help gold Thursday.
- Southern Co. Sees Strong Prospects in Renewable Energy @ TheStreet.com - Fri 3 Jul, 2015 3:48 AM IST
CEO Tom Fanning discusses the economy, his company and the threat of cyberterrorism.
- Carlyle Group CEO Sees Deals in China, Potential Bubble in NYC's … @ TheStreet.com - Fri 3 Jul, 2015 3:34 AM IST
David Rubenstein says where he sees the best private equity investment opportunities during an interview at The Aspen Ideas Festival in Aspen, Colorado.
- Options Trader Sees More Volatility in Next Year or So @ TheStreet.com - Fri 3 Jul, 2015 2:59 AM IST
The VIX has been relatively low for the last six years, and an increase in the volatility measure wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, Mark Sebastian said.
- Gold Acting Tepid At Best, Hits 3 1/2 Month Low Ahead of Long … @ TheStreet.com - Fri 3 Jul, 2015 2:46 AM IST
The lower than expected jobs numbers could not help gold this Thursday ahead of a holiday-shortened week.