- CBS's Showtime Looks to 'Homeland' to Propel Streaming Servi … @ TheStreet.com - 15 hours ago
CBS's Showtime is looking to 'Homeland' to propel the new Internet streaming service in much the same way 'Game of Thrones' has lifted its longtime rival, HBO.
- 10 Worst S&P 500 Stocks in the Third Quarter @ TheStreet.com - 21 hours ago
The S&P 500 had its worst performance in four years as a result of August's market selloff. With oil prices so low, energy stocks dominated the list of worst stocks.
- The 10 Best S&P 500 Stocks in All of 2015 @ TheStreet.com - 21 hours ago
The U.S. market indices had modest gains in the first half of the year, but stocks took a major nosedive in August. Here are the best performing stocks to date.
- 10 Best S&P 500 Stocks in the Third Quarter @ TheStreet.com - 21 hours ago
U.S. markets in the third quarter of 2015 were characterized by extreme volatility, but the best-performing S&P 500 stocks likely came from the tech, utilities and consumer sectors.
- Test Drive: Inside GM's All-New 2016 Chevy Volt Electric Hyb … @ TheStreet.com - 22 hours ago
GM's most advanced car ever will hit showrooms at the end of October.
- Shaken, Stirred and Pith on the Peel: Two Books Celebrate the … @ TheStreet.com - 23 hours ago
Two of the best bars in the U.S. are publishing books this fall that reveal a few of their secrets in creating memorable cocktails.
- The 10 Best Towns for Minor League Baseball in 2015 @ TheStreet.com - 23 hours ago
Check out this list of the top 20 places to catch a Minor League Baseball game.
- 11 Hot Halloween Costumes -- Including Not-Available-at-Macy's … @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 6:13 PM IST
Batman, Star Wars and Minion characters are this year's most popular costumes, so if you want to be different, avoid them. Wal-Mart, Party City and Etsy can help.
- How Buying Lululemon Could Fix VF's Gender Imbalance @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 5:50 PM IST
With an acquisition of Lululemon, apparel conglomerate VF could bring its expertise to a female-centric brand, and add some balance to a portfolio of brands that largely caters to men.
- Macau Gaming Revenue Will Continue to Decline, but There Is a … @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 5:33 PM IST
Investors should adopt a long-term view on Macau, despite China's recent economic problems.
- 'Fast Money' Recap: October's Market as Volatile as Septembe … @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 2:30 PM IST
The trading panel discussed the abysmal job numbers and why Apple stock could go to $200.
- Which Year's Bear Is This?; Blame Commodities: Jim Cramer's Best … @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 6:30 AM IST
Catch up on Jim Cramer's ideas from this past week as he discusses why this market is a rerun of 2011, and the ugly supply and demand imbalance in commodities.
- A Fed Without Memory; A Market Setup to Shun: Best of Kass @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 6:30 AM IST
In highlights from this week's trading diary and posts, Kass suggests the Fed may have amnesia, and offers investors this Buddhist-like advice: Don't just do something, sit there.
- Apple Watch to Be Sold at Target; Google Is Officially Alphabet: … @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 5:30 AM IST
The Dow, S&P 500 Index and Nasdaq all closed higher on Friday.
- Jim Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Here's Next Week's Game Plan @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 4:30 AM IST
Cramer is watching a slew of earnings next week including Pepsico, Monsanto and Domino's Pizza. But he wants you to know how he invests right now.
- Wheels Up Jet Service Taking Off Despite Stock Market Turbul … @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 3:57 AM IST
The stock market's bumpy September ride is not creating significant turbulence for private jet travel provider Wheels Up.
- Ramifications for Ford, General Motors Not Clear After Chrysler … @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 2:37 AM IST
Worker rejection of a UAW-endorsed contract illustrates the growing tension in Detroit six years removed from the restructuring, giving investors something else to worry about.
- SouFun (SFUN) Stock Soared on Chinese Intervention @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 2:17 AM IST
SouFun (SFUN) stock closed higher on Friday, after China's government increased targeted stimulus to prop up the country's slowing economy.
- Chevron (CVX) Stock Reverses Some Gains in After-Hours Tradi … @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 2:15 AM IST
Chevron (CVX) shares are falling in after-hours trading after gaining during the regular session.
- Why SINA Stock Closed Higher on Friday @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 2:12 AM IST
SINA stock closed up as U.S. traded China-based stocks got a boost today.
- Glencore (GLNCY) Stock Soars on Potential Agricultural Asset … @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 2:07 AM IST
Glencore (GLNCY) stock closed higher today after reports suggested the company is close to selling a stake in its agricultural businesses.
- Exxon Mobil (XOM) Stock Closed Trading Up as Crude Prices Ra … @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 2:05 AM IST
Exxon Mobil (XOM) shares rose today after crude prices rallied today.
- Weatherford (WFT) Stock Increased with Oil Prices on Lower U.S. … @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 2:00 AM IST
Weatherford (WFT) stock closed higher on Friday, as oil prices climbed after a report that the number of working U.S. oil rigs fell to a five-year low.
- What to Expect When Container Store Group (TCS) Reports Earnings … @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 2:00 AM IST
Container Store Group (TCS) is set to release its second quarter fiscal 2015 earnings results on Monday after the market close.
- More Evidence Needed to Confirm Gold's Long-Term Rally - Ana … @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 1:59 AM IST
KITCO NEWS -- Gold prices rose despite the disappointing jobs numbers but one analyst says he still needs to see technical evidence in the market to become bullish long-term.
- Quirky's Bankruptcy Leaves Its Inventors in Limbo @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 1:57 AM IST
The collapse of "idea factory" Quirky has left its inventors and influencers wondering what will happen to their intellectual property and their promised royalties.
- Tech ‘Unicorn’ Herd May Thin If Volatility Persists @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 1:39 AM IST
The 125 so-called unicorns, pre-IPO companies worth over $1 billion, will need to fatten their margins or there will be fewer of them in the near future.
- Walmart (WMT) Stock Closes Up on Headquarter Job Cuts @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 1:38 AM IST
Walmart (WMT) stock closed in the green following reports that the company will cut 450 jobs at its headquarters in Arkansas.
- New Residential Investment (NRZ) Stock Closes Higher After Repaying … @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 1:33 AM IST
New Residential Investment (NRZ) shares are higher after the company repays $2.5 billion of term notes.
- Gold Fields (GFI) Stock Closes Higher on Rallying Gold Price … @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 1:32 AM IST
Gold Fields (GFI) shares close higher as gold prices rise after the U.S. September jobs report.
- Stocks Close Higher but Worries About Economy Persist @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 1:31 AM IST
Stocks manage to reverse an earlier selloff on Friday, but the dismal jobs report leaves many investors uneasy.
- Come Out and Play: Mattel (MAT) Stock Could Rally in Q4 @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 1:30 AM IST
The stock is showing improving technicals and with Christmas and Hanukkah coming, we would put Mattel on the shopping list.
- Gold and Silver Markets Roar Back to Life Friday – Senior Technical … @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 1:29 AM IST
Kitco News -- The gold market has roared back to life Friday as several factors are combining to work in favor of the beleaguered yellow metal bulls.
- 15 Million T-Mobile Customers' Personal Data at Risk @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 1:27 AM IST
It's another data breach. About 15 million T-Mobile US customers' personal information could be at risk, processer Experian said.
- Google Will No Longer Exist -- Say Hello to Alphabet @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 1:24 AM IST
In a post changing the company's operating structure, Google CEO Larry Page announced the creation of a new entity, known as Alphabet.
- BP Stock Climbs as Crude Prices Recover From Earlier Dip @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 1:24 AM IST
BP shares are rising as crude prices rallied from an earlier decline today.
- Google (GOOGL) Stock Advancing After Oppenheimer Upgrade @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 1:22 AM IST
Google (GOOGL) stock is climbing in late afternoon trading on Friday, after a rating upgrade to 'outperform' from 'perform' at Oppenheimer.
- Seadrill (SDRL) Stock Gains as Oil Prices Climb @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 1:20 AM IST
Seadrill (SDRL) shares are higher as oil prices increase due to a lower U.S. oil rig count.
- Kinder Morgan (KMI) Stock Rises with Oil Prices @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 1:19 AM IST
Kinder Morgan (KMI) stock is up after oil prices gained following a decline in U.S. oil rigs.
- Transocean (RIG) Stock Gains on Higher Oil Prices @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 1:16 AM IST
Transocean (RIG) stock is increasing after oil prices jumped following a drop in U.S. oil rigs.
- Hecla Mining (HL) Stock Surging as Gold Prices Climb @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 1:14 AM IST
Hecla Mining (HL) stock is rising along with gold prices this afternoon.
- Halliburton (HAL) Stock Climbs as Oil Prices Rally @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 1:11 AM IST
Halliburton (HAL) shares are rising as crude prices rally this afternoon.
- Tesla, Amazon, Comcast Among Top 10 Hottest Stocks on Social … @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 1:07 AM IST
Executive appointments led the stock-related buzz on social media this week. In other news, Amazon made a splash with its move into the “gig economy.”
- Denbury Resources (DNR) Stock Advances as Oil Prices Jump @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 1:07 AM IST
Denbury Resources (DNR) stock is soaring on Friday afternoon, along with rising oil prices after weekly oil inventory data showed rig count falling to its lowest level since May 2002.
- Technology ‘Unicorn’ Herd May Get Thinner If Volatility Pers … @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 1:06 AM IST
There are now more than 125 so-called unicorns - pre-IPO companies worth over $1 billion – stampeding across the country from Silicon Valley to Wall Street and back.
- Pepsico (PEP) Stock Falls Ahead of Earnings Release @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 12:50 AM IST
PepsiCo (PEP) shares are down ahead of the release of the company's third quarter earnings results next week.
- Quirky's Members Wonder What Will Happen to IP, Royalty Paym … @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 12:45 AM IST
The collapse of 'idea factory' Quirky Inc. has left many of its inventors in the dark as to what will happen to their unproduced creations and missing royalty payments.
- Teck Resources (TCK) Stock Up As Copper, Oil Prices Rebound @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 12:43 AM IST
Teck Resources (TCK) stock is gaining alongside copper and oil prices on Friday afternoon.
- Intel (INTC) Stock Up, 3D Physics Business Sold to Microsoft @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 12:35 AM IST
Intel (INTC) stock is rising after the company sold its 3D physics provider to Microsoft (MSFT).
- S&P 500 to End 2015 Between 2,000 and 2,100, ETF Manager Say … @ TheStreet.com - Sat 3 Oct, 2015 12:34 AM IST
Don’t let the S&P 500’s price swings worry you.