- AT&T Falls Despite Less to Fear from T-Mobile, Sirius XM Drops … @ TheStreet.com - 3 hours ago
AT&T fell despite a report that rival T-Mobile may loose its bid to gain more spectrum. Sirius tanks after a group is awarded class status for their lawsuit.
- Jim Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: A Tale of Two Markets, Again @ TheStreet.com - 3 hours ago
Mergers are making the market thrive while overseas events are taking it hostage, Cramer says.
- SeaDrill (SDRL) Earnings Report: Q1 2015 Conference Call Tra … @ TheStreet.com - 4 hours ago
The following SeaDrill (SDRL) conference call took place on May 28, 2015, 12:00 PM ET. This is a transcript of that earnings call:
- First Watch Poaches Rival Colorado Breakfast Chain @ TheStreet.com - 4 hours ago
The deal creates a new force to be reckoned with in the breakfast restaurant category.
- Ex-Lehman CEO Lobbies for Little Guy; Banks Are Ugly Ducklings: … @ TheStreet.com - 5 hours ago
Former Lehman CEO makes rare public appearance, SEC hires Goldman Sachs lawyer, Citigroup says trading volumes are down, and banks need love too.
- GoPro Spikes on Drone Plans, Amazon Tumbles on Food Expansio … @ TheStreet.com - 5 hours ago
Video camera maker GoPro is planning to expand into drones, pushing its shares higher. Amazon dropped despite its game to increase its food offerings.
- JPMorgan Chase to Lay Off 2% of Workforce Amid Cost Cuts @ TheStreet.com - 6 hours ago
JPMorgan Chase JPM will lay off about 5,000 workers, or about one worker for each of its branches, amid $1.4 billion in cost cuts.
- Big Lots Earnings, GDP Figures in Focus for Friday @ TheStreet.com - 6 hours ago
Two notable companies report quarterly financial results and important economic data are released Friday.
- Ulta Salon Reports Beautiful Quarter, Beating Street Estimat … @ TheStreet.com - 6 hours ago
Shares of the beauty and cosmetic retailer beat on first-quarter revenue and earnings expectations.
- Manhattan Bankruptcy Judge Stays Lawsuits Against GM @ TheStreet.com - 6 hours ago
A judge stayed actions brought against the carmaker called New GM. The suits claim harm from defects in autos made by General Motors Corp., Old GM, the current firm's predecessor.
- Why U.S. Investors Are Pouring Money Into European Stocks @ TheStreet.com - 6 hours ago
Despite continued worries over Greece, Europe's economy is starting to recover -- and stocks there are rallying as a result
- Chinese Property Developer Sunac Drops $1.2B Offer for Troubled … @ TheStreet.com - 6 hours ago
Sunac's decision casts further doubt over Kaisa's ability to service its $11 billion of debt, including about $2.5 billion of offshore loans that it defaulted on in April,
- L-3 Communications Buys Pilot-Training Company for $220 Mill … @ TheStreet.com - 6 hours ago
The deal enables L-3 to expand internationally and increase its commercial-airline business.
- Ulta Salon Beats Wall Street's Top and Bottom Line Estimates @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
Shares of beauty and cosmetic retailer Ulta Salon (ULTA) reported first-quarter results after the closing bell on Thursday.
- Western Digital Shares Jump Following Goldman Sachs Upgrade @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
Shares of data storage company Western Digital ended Thursday's trading day up 5%, making it TheStreet's Move of the Day.
- Ctrip.com (CTRP) Closes Lower On Hacking Reports @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
Shares of Ctrip.com (CTRP) closed lower today after the Chinese online travel company said some of its servers had been hacked.
- ULTA Salon Cosmetics & Fragrance (ULTA) Stock Climbs After Hours … @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
ULTA Salon Cosmetics & Fragrance (ULTA) shares are gaining after the company beat estimates and issued guidance ahead of analyst expectations.
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Earnings Report: Q1 2015 Conference Call … @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
The following Costco Wholesale (COST) conference call took place on May 28, 2015, 11:00 AM ET. This is a transcript of that earnings call:
- One Reason Twitter (TWTR) Stock Closed Higher @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
Shares of Twitter (TWTR) closed up in Thursday's trading session after CEO Dick Costolo discussed Twitter's future plans on building its audience at the Code Conference today.
- Hollywood Dealmaker’s Guide to Being Great, Not Just Good, at … @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
Define what you see as your own success and don't wrestle pigs are just two of 'The Dealmaker's Ten Commandments' to win your negotiations at home or in Hollywood.
- GameStop (GME) Stock Soaring in After-Hours Trading on Earnings … @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
GameStop (GME) stock is rising in after-hours trading following the company's 2015 first quarter earnings beat.
- Semtech (SMTC) Stock Fell Today on Weak Financial Results @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
Semtech (SMTC) shares dropped double digits after reporting first quarter earnings and revenue that missed estimates.
- Stocks Cut Losses as Crude Oil Prices Rise @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
Stocks closed only slightly lower Thursday, recovering from heavier losses sustained earlier.
- Molson Coors (TAP) Stock Gained Today on Morgan Stanley Upgr … @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
Molson Coors Brewing (TAP) stock closed higher today after Morgan Stanley upgraded the stock to 'overweight' from 'equal weight.'
- 'Fast Money' Recap: Lehman's Former CEO Dick Fuld Speaks, Chips … @ TheStreet.com - 8 hours ago
The trading panel covered chip consolidation and comments made by former Lehman Brothers CEO Dick Fuld, who spoke for the first time since his firm collapsed.
- Will JPMorgan Chase (JPM) Job Cuts Help the Stock Today? @ TheStreet.com - 8 hours ago
JPMorgan Chase (JPM) shares are slumping but have steadily risen following reports that the company is planning another round of job cuts over the next year.
- The Hollywood Dealmaker’s Guide to Winning a Negotiation @ TheStreet.com - 8 hours ago
Success is life on your own terms and Jeff Cohen says his book 'The Dealmaker’s Ten Commandments' is a methodology for figuring out what the terms are and getting them.
- Here's a Reason T-Mobile US (TMUS) Stock is Falling @ TheStreet.com - 8 hours ago
Shares of T-Mobile US (TMUS) are falling in Thursday's afternoon trading on talks that FCC is learning toward rejecting its request that more airwaves be set aside for smaller carriers.
- United Rentals (URI) Stock Tanks Following Indications of Weaker … @ TheStreet.com - 8 hours ago
United Rentals (URI) shares are falling after its CEO made comments suggesting that May revenue would be weaker than expected.
- What Activist Hedge Funds Are and How You Can Benefit @ TheStreet.com - 8 hours ago
With activist hedge funds' assets under management growing at a fast clip, it pays to know what they are and how they operate.
- Alibaba Is Getting Serious About Next-Day Delivery @ TheStreet.com - 8 hours ago
The Chinese e-commerce giant is pushing to get next-day delivery in more cities and cracking down on illegal practices.
- One Reason eBay Stock is Gaining Today @ TheStreet.com - 8 hours ago
Shares of eBay are rising in Thursday's afternoon trading after the company released a study showing European businesses have thrived using its platform.
- Texas Instruments, Analog Devices Among Other Chip Companies … @ TheStreet.com - 8 hours ago
Intel, AMD and Texas Instruments are among the chip companies Wall Street and tech analysts expect to see involved in mergers and acquisition deals in the coming months.
- Stocks Pare Losses as Crude Oil Settles Slightly Higher @ TheStreet.com - 9 hours ago
Stocks are trading slightly lower by late afternoon Thursday, recovering from heavier losses sustained earlier in the session.
- Charter-TWC Merger May Force TV Networks to Combine as Well @ TheStreet.com - 9 hours ago
If Charter Communications acquires Time Warner Cable, mid-tier TV networks will have fewer options for distribution, giving them less leverage when negotiating fees to carry their channels.
- Why Citigroup Is Focusing More on Buybacks Than Dividend Inc … @ TheStreet.com - 9 hours ago
Citigroup CEO Michael Corbat said the bank's stock is trading below book value, so repurchasing it is the best way for the bank to reward investors.
- How to Invest in Today's Risky Shale Oil Industry @ TheStreet.com - 9 hours ago
David Einhorn and Jim Chanos are right about the risky nature of shale drilling but there are still companies out there worth your investment.
- Here Are the Biggest Takeaways to Come Out of the Google I/O … @ TheStreet.com - 9 hours ago
Here are the four big announcements to come out of the Google I/O keynote address.
- How Costco Is Winning Its Battle Against Wal-Mart's Sam's Cl … @ TheStreet.com - 9 hours ago
The two companies' latest results show why Costco is dominating its warehouse club rival.
- Bull Chart of the Day -- Playing Defense With Spirit AeroSys … @ TheStreet.com - 9 hours ago
Some big names have threatened to turn bearish, which helps smaller defense companies like aircraft component maker Spirit AeroSystems.
- GoPro Shares Shoot Up After CEO Announces Plans to Make Dron … @ TheStreet.com - 9 hours ago
The company known for video cameras attached to snowboarders is getting into the drone business.
- Geeknet Attracts Mystery Bidder Following Hot Topic Offer @ TheStreet.com - 10 hours ago
Geeknet Inc. (GKNT) has attracted a rival bid after it agreed to be acquired by goth-themed mall retailer Hot Topic.
- 5 Stocks Under $10 Triggering Breakout Trades @ TheStreet.com - 10 hours ago
Keep these under-$10 stocks on your breakout trading radar.
- Lorillard (LO) Stock Continues To Gain Following FTC Approval … @ TheStreet.com - 10 hours ago
Lorillard (LO) shares continue to gain after FTC approval of its $27.4 billion takeover deal by Reynolds American (RAI).
- Jim Cramer -- Ring the Register on Broadcom, Then Buy Some C … @ TheStreet.com - 10 hours ago
TheStreet's Jim Cramer talked about the tech sector, fast food, and what NBA star Steve Curry could do for UnderArmour as he answered viewers' Twitter questions from the NYSE floor.
- Sanderson Farms (SAFM) Stock Declines on Weak Earnings @ TheStreet.com - 10 hours ago
Sanderson Farms (SAFM) shares are falling after the company reported second quarter earnings and revenue below expectations.
- Why Investors Should Consider Covered Calls in the Current Stock … @ TheStreet.com - 10 hours ago
The current bull market is getting old, and that's the best time for a covered-call strategy, says portfolio manager Ari Sass.
- Costco Profits as Low Gas Prices Boost Sales @ TheStreet.com - 10 hours ago
Lower prices at the pump and membership fees drive profits at Costco Wholesale.
- Expert Sees Opportunity in European Equities Trading at Historic … @ TheStreet.com - 10 hours ago
European stock dividends are hitting up to 3%, says portfolio manager Burns McKinney, while U.S. stocks are pricey.
- Walmart (WMT) Stock Retreating After Amazon Offers Competing … @ TheStreet.com - 10 hours ago
Walmart (WMT) stock is lower after rival Amazon (AMZN) announced that it will offer free same-day shipping for its Prime subscribers.