- Budget fails to address IT industry issues: Nassco … IANS - 6 hours ago
"The budget does not address some key issues like section 56 for angel tax, dual levy of taxes on products, service tax refunds and clarity on transfer pricing," Nasscom president R. Chandrashekhar said in a statement here. Start-ups raising funds from angel investors have to pay 33 percent as tax under section 56 (2) …
- Jaitley proposes abolition of wealth tax ANI - 11 hours ago
New Delhi, Feb. 28 (ANI): Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Saturday proposed to abolish the wealth tax paid by the super-rich of the nation, recommending in its place the payment of an additional surcharge ...
- Individual tax payers to benefit, no change in tax … IANS - 12 hours ago
New Delhi, Feb 28 (IANS) Not changing the income tax rates or increasing the exemption limits for individuals, union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley Saturday proposed increasing the range of tax deductible investments/ spend. Presenting the budget proposals for 2015-16 in the Lok Sabha, Jaitley said the government is proposing …
- Andersen Tax Welcomes Managing Director Brad McKinney … Business Wire - Fri 27 Feb, 2015 10:54 PM IST
Andersen Tax announces the addition of Brad McKinney as Managing Director in the New York City office. Brad will be joining the Private Client Services group. Prior to Andersen Tax, Brad was a Partner at Raich Ende Malter & Co., LLP in the firm’s Private Wealth Services Group.
- Tax Planning is Not Just an April Event Business Wire - Fri 27 Feb, 2015 9:45 PM IST
According to Lincoln Financial Group, tax planning shouldn’t be a once-yearly April exercise, but rather an ongoing effort throughout the year.
- Residents of Greene Co., Arkansas, Can Now Pay Property … Business Wire - Fri 27 Feb, 2015 8:19 PM IST
Taxpayers in Greene County have a new option for beating the property tax deadline thanks to an online payment system offered by the county collector’s office. Residents can visit ar.gov/greeneproptax and enter a taxpayer number to begin.
- When to Convert Your Traditional IRA to a Roth US News - Fri 27 Feb, 2015 8:09 PM IST
Roth individual retirement accounts are one way to reduce taxes in retirement. Here's an example: A 30-year-old man investing $5,000 in an IRA now would have $73,927 in his account at age 65. Under this scenario, with a Roth IRA, the man would pay taxes on only the $5,000 contribution and nothing on required minimum distributions …
- 6 Ways to Lower Your Taxable Income US News - Fri 27 Feb, 2015 6:55 PM IST
The IRS has already given out $125 billion in tax refunds as of Feb. 20, with an average refund of $3,120. Here are a few moves you can make to lower your taxable income (without fudging your 1040). Through April 15, 2015, you can contribute to an HSA to lower your taxable income for 2014. Working from home really can …
- IRS: $125 Billion Paid Out In Tax Refunds So Far This … Forbes - Fri 27 Feb, 2015 1:42 PM IST
Have your tax refund in hand? So far, four out of every five tax returns has resulted in a refund to taxpayers with IRS paying out $125 billion to date in 2015.
- Robert De Niro Hit With $6.4M Tax Bill: A Cautionary … Forbes - Fri 27 Feb, 2015 7:24 AM IST
- Baxter County, Arkansas, Offers Online Property Tax … Business Wire - Thu 26 Feb, 2015 8:19 PM IST
Paying property taxes in Baxter County just got a lot easier thanks to a new online payment system offered by Baxter County Tax Collector Teresa Smith. Residents can visit ar.gov/baxterproptax and enter a taxpayer number to begin.
- 5 Things Newlyweds Need to Know About Taxes US News - Thu 26 Feb, 2015 7:25 PM IST
Your marital status for the tax year is based solely on your marital status as of Dec. 31. The first step is to notify the Social Security Administration so your filings (and refund!) aren't delayed. Once you are married, you and your spouse will automatically be moved into a new filing status -- married. In addition, …
- Vertex Expands VAT Capability with Vertex Indirect … Business Wire - Wed 25 Feb, 2015 7:23 PM IST
Vertex Inc., the leading provider of corporate tax solutions, announced today the launch of Vertex® Indirect Tax Returns for value added tax . Now, Vertex delivers a tool that
- Treasury issues reprieve for health law tax errors Associated Press - Wed 25 Feb, 2015 4:46 AM IST
Taxpayers who've filed their 2014 returns only to learn that the government provided them with erroneous information on health care subsidies won't be required to submit corrected returns, the Treasury ...
- Living Abroad? Expat Taxpayers Face Special Challe … US News - Wed 25 Feb, 2015 12:09 AM IST
For frequent traveler Rebekah Voss, tax time poses a particular set of challenges. Voss publishes The Happy Passport, a travel inspiration website for women, and has spent a significant amount of time in Vietnam, Thailand and other exotic locales. She's found that the complicated world of U.S. tax law only becomes more …