Mumbai: Keeping updated about market related news and developments can help you take the right call when it comes to investments. Trading tips and brokerages for key stocks can also help you prepare for the day ahead.
Here are news stories that are likely to influence the day’s trading in the market.
- US dollar index moved beyond 97 trading in a bull trend above its 200-day SMA.
- Asian markets had a mixed opening with China agreeing to open cloud computing to foreign firms.
- US markets ended on a flat note as Dow ended flat with Apple slipping 0.7 per cent and S&P 500 posted a marginal gain to end at 2,888. Nasdaq went down by 0.2 per cent.
- European markets closed higher with airline stocks rallying on Brexit extension.
- Gold edged lower as spot gold was down 1.30 per cent at $1,290.85 per ounce.
Brokerages and stocks in news that can help you keep a track of markets today.
Bharti Airtel: DoT wanted Bharti Airtel to furnish bank guarantees of Rs 9000 crore to cover spectrum charges while clearing merger with TTSL.
GVK: GVK has agreed to settle by buying out partners to prevent them from selling Mumbai airport stakes to Adani.
NTPC, PTC India: ReNew Power and NTPC are eyeing PTC’s wind assets which could fetch a valuation of Rs 2000 crore.
MRPL: The firm will shut down 60,000 BPD units and some secondary units for a month from mid-April.
DHFL: Brickwork downgraded rating for the firm across instruments to Rs 56,550 crore. The reasons for ratings being downgraded to AA- were limited progress on liquidity and exiting riskier construction finance loans.
MS on Avenue Supermart: Initiate at UW, TP Rs 1120
HSBC On Motherson: Maintain Buy, TP Cut To Rs 170 From Rs 233