JEE Main 2019: The Joint Entrance Examination Main (JEE Main) is scheduled to begin on Sunday, January 8 at 9 am. The examinations will be conducted in two sessions from January 8 to 20, 2019. Over 9.5 lakh candidates have registered for the exam this year. It is the first time ever that the engineering entrance test will be conducted in winters, however, no formal dress code has been suggested by the National Testing Agency (NTA) who is conducting the exam for the first time. According to the CBSE (who used to conduct the exam until 2018), only light sleeves and lose clothes were allowed for the exam.
Apart from a print out of admit card, and passport size photograph, candidates need to carry an original and photocopy of identity proof which also have a clear photo of the candidate such as PAN card, driving license, voter ID, passport, Aadhaar card, et al along with them in the exam hall. Candidates need to appear well in advance for proper security tests.
JEE Mains 2019: Dos and dont’s
- A coloured A4 sized printout of admit card downloaded from the official website-jeemain.nic.in
- At least one passport size photograph to be pasted on the attendance sheet at the exam centre. The passport-sized photo should be same as the one uploaded with the online application form.
- Candidates also need to carry an original and photocopy of identity proof which also have a clear photo of the candidate such as PAN card, driving license, voter ID, passport, Aadhaar card, et al.
- Candidates belonging to the PwD category should carry a certificate issued by the competent authority, else they will not be eligible for the relaxation provided under the category. However, they will be allowed to appear for the JEE Main, considering they have all other required documents.
1) No stationery including pen, paper, pencil, pencil box etc are allowed inside the exam hall.
2) ID cards issued by schools/ colleges/ universities/coaching centres are not considered as valid id and hence are not allowed.
3) Eatables and water are not allowed inside the exam hall, not even in transparent packing.
4) Candidates will neither be to allowed to wear nor carry any type of watch including electronic watches with facilities of a calculator. Moreover, any metallic item or electronic gadgets/ devices in the exam hall.
5) Photocopies or images stored in mobile phones will not be accepted as valid identity cards. Candidates need to carry original id proofs with them.
6) Aadhaar enrollment receipt without Aadhaar numbers is not allowed.
7) Other banned items include the mobile phone, earphone, microphone, pager, calculator, docu-pen, slide rules, log tables, camera, tape recorder.