State-owned oil marketing companies that- IOCL (Indian Oil), Bharat Petroleum and HP have been pushing digital payments for LPG cylinder delivery for their brands Indane Gas, Bharat Gas and HP Gas, respectively, for many months now.
In the wake of the outbreak of COVID-19 and measures taken to reduce physical contact between delivery staff and customers, it has become more necessary to adopt online modes of payments and bookings.
If you are Google Pay users, the app allows you to make payments for almost all house utilities, helping you keep all your bank transactions within an application. You can also book an LPG cylinder from Indane Gas, HP Gas or Bharat Gas and also make payments towards the booking using Google Pay by following a few easy steps.
How To Book And Pay For LPG Cylinder On Google Pay?
Here is a step-to-step guide on how to get started with LPG cylinder booking on Google Pay.
Make sure you have the updated version of Google Pay on your phone and your bank account is linked to the UPI payment facility before you get started.
- Open Google Pay by entering the security pin.
- Tap on "+ New Payment" which should be visible as a blue icon on the bottom end of the screen on opening the app.
- In the next page choose the "Bill payments" option under "People & bills."
- It should lead you to a list of categories of services available within the app. Scroll down and tap on "LPG cylinder booking."
- Pick the brand that is your LPG cylinder supplier.
- Since it is your first time booking over Google Pay, you will have to link your account by tapping on the "Get Started" option to add your account details.
- Add details about your account with the LPG supplier: registered mobile number or LPG ID (should be available on your previous bill payment receipt) and tap on the arrow indicating next page on the bottom left. The account name is optional. If you have forgotten your 17-digital LPG ID, you can visit http://mylpg.in/ to find out.
- In the next page you will be able to view the customer account details to verify if the customer ID or registered mobile number was correctly entered. The registered name will be displayed. If details are correct, tap on "Link Account" and your LPG gas account with Indane Gas or Bharat Gas or HP Gas will be added to Google Pay. Adding your account to the app is a one time step and it should be easier to book a cylinder the next time you need one.
- Note that sometimes it may take 2-3 days for payments to reflect at the distributors' end for the LPG cylinder booking to be placed. It is advised to make the booking in advance.
- Your bill status will be displayed on the next page. Tap on the "Pay Bill" option to make the payment towards the LPG cylinder booking. You can also check bill details before you initiate the payment.
- Click "Proceed to pay" and enter Google Pay PIN to make the payment.
In case you face any issues with the booking, you can also contact the respective LPG supplier's helpline and seek a refund.