The country’s largest public sector bank, State Bank of India (SBI) had launched the YONO app in 2017. The app provides a one-stop solution for your digital transaction needs, including banking, investing and shopping. It also reduces the need for an ATM cum debit card. The app can be used at ATMs to withdraw cash as well apart from making payments.
YONO is back in the news with SBI saying that it wants its customers to reduce debit card use and transition to YONO. The bank has so far set up 68,000 YONO cashpoints and wants to scale this to 10 lakh cashpoints in the next 18 months.
How YONO App Functions on Smartphones
– You can download the YONO app both on you Android and iOS devices, and can also access it through the web browser
– After download, you need to set a 6 digit PIN for YONO cash transactions
– Authentication in YONO is done twice. You will get a 6-digit reference number on your registered mobile number after you will initiate the cash withdrawal process
– You need to provide this reference number within 30 minutes along with the transaction PIN to withdraw cash from a YONO cashpoint
How YONO App Can Be Used Through Web Browser
For using the YONO App on a web browser, you need to have an active net banking login and password. Here are the steps involved:
- Go the website of the YONO app and login using net banking login credentials
- It will take you to the YONO dashboard
- Different e-activities will be listed on the dashboard
- For withdrawing cash through YONO, you need to click on the ‘YONO Cash’ tab on the website.
- Usually, you can withdraw amounts up to Rs. 10,000 through ATMs but with YONO you may withdraw Rs. 20,000 in a day.
- Before taking you through the cash withdrawal process, you will have to click on ‘Request YONO Cash’ to know the balance in your savings bank account.
- Enter the you want to withdraw from the ATM
- Like the mobile transaction, you need to enter the 6-digit YONO app pin for transaction and start the cash withdrawal process. You can create this pin on the website.
- Before the final process, you will receive a 6-digit reference number on your registered mobile number. Enter this at the YONO cash point within 30 minutes to withdraw cash.