The Employee Provident Fund Organisation account holders can register all types of complaints with the grievance website of the EPF at http://epfigms.gov.in/. You can also visit this page through the EPF portal by clicking on the ‘For employees’ tab in the ‘Our services’ section.
The website is a one-stop-shop for all the complaints related to your account. However, as a prerequisite, you need to have your Universal Account Number (UAN). In case you do not have a UAN, you can file a complaint using the Pension Payment Order (PPO) number or the establishment number of your employer.
Usually, a registered complaint is addressed within 30 days. In case it is not, you can always send a reminder mail through the grievance portal.
Here is a step-by-step process for filing a complaint with the EPFO website:
- You will have to first click on the ‘register grievance’ tab, which will take you to a new window with options regarding your status – PF member, EPS Pensioner, Employer or Others. The others option others are meant for people who do not have UAN number, PPO number or establishment number of the employer to register a complaint. You will have to click on one option to proceed.
- Choosing any option will open options asking for more details. For example, if you choose the PF member as an option, you will be asked to provide your UAN number and security code.
- Enter your UAN number and the security code and click on the ‘get details’ tab. If your UAN number and security code are correct, your registered details (mobile number and email ID) and the ‘get OTP’ tab will start reflecting on your computer screen.
- Click on the ‘get OTP’ tab to receive a one-time password on your registered email ID and mobile.
- Enter the OTP in the space provided to reach a window that will seek your personal details and the PF number against which complaints need to be registered.
- After providing the PF number, you will get a pop-up asking for complaint details like what the grievance is related to, category, and description. Once you enter the correct data, click on Add and Submit.
- The submission will end the complaint registration process. You will get a complaint number on your registered mobile number and email.
The grievance portal also has a tab on ‘View Status’ from where you can check the status of your complaint by providing the complaint number.
BankBazaar.com is India’s leading online marketplace for loans and credit cards.