- IXYS Announces Agreement with Samsung Electronics to Acquire … Business Wire - Sat 25 May, 2013 7:30 AM IST
IXYS Corporation , an international power semiconductor and IC company, today announced it has executed a definitive agreement with Samsung Electronics to acquire Samsung’s 4-/8-bit microcontroller business for approximately $50 million.
- McDonald's vs. 9-year-old kid Investor's Business Daily - Sat 25 May, 2013 4:09 AM IST
All Business Briefs
- As Memorial Day Approaches Books-A-Million Customers Donate over … Business Wire - Sat 25 May, 2013 1:14 AM IST
Books-A-Million, Inc. today announced that over 16,000 bags of Joe Muggs coffee have been donated by BAM! customers throughout the country to benefit the Coffee f
- Domino's Dishes out Pizza in New Orleans Zacks - Sat 25 May, 2013 12:15 AM IST
Domino's set to launch new restaurant in Metairie, New Orleans.
- CEA Commends Chairman Goodlatte for Patent Reform Discussion Business Wire - Fri 24 May, 2013 11:39 PM IST
The following statement is attributable to Gary Shapiro, president and CEO of the Consumer Electronics Association ®, in response to House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Go
- Research and Markets: Global Flexible Displays Market 2012-2016 … Business Wire - Fri 24 May, 2013 10:54 PM IST
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Global Flexible Displays Market 2012-2016" report to the
- Fazoli’s Named ‘Brand of the Year’ by FastCasual.com Business Wire - Fri 24 May, 2013 10:30 PM IST
Leading restaurant trade publication FastCasual.com put Fazoli’s at the top of its annual Movers & Shakers list, unveiled this week in Chicago at an annual awards gala during t
- Panda Express Launches Fundraising Effort Benefiting Oklahoma … GlobeNewswire - Fri 24 May, 2013 10:27 PM IST
ROSEMEAD, Calif. -- Panda Restaurant Group Inc. (PRG), the world leader in Asian dining experiences, today announced fundraising efforts to assist with disaster relief for those affected by the recent ...
- Here's The Menu For An 8-Course Dinner Inspired By 'Arrested … Business Insider - Fri 24 May, 2013 10:13 PM IST
A Brooklyn restaurant is going all out for the season 4 premiere.
- P&G Brings Back Lafley as CEO Zacks - Fri 24 May, 2013 8:10 PM IST
P&G brought back its previous CEO Alan George Lafley, to immediately replace its existing CEO Robert McDonald, as the consumer goods giant struggles to turn around its business.
- The CEO Of McDonald's Just Got Owned By A 9-Year-Old Business Insider - Fri 24 May, 2013 8:00 PM IST
- McDonald's In Australia Just Released A Series Of Really Depressing … Business Insider - Fri 24 May, 2013 7:49 PM IST
Will it backfire?
- The Illegal Street-Racing Story That Inspired The 'Fast And Furious' … Business Insider - Fri 24 May, 2013 7:10 PM IST
- Verizon Wireless Announces Finalists in Mobile App Concept Development … Business Wire - Fri 24 May, 2013 6:30 PM IST
Verizon Wireless announced today the slate of finalists in its Education Empowerment Program at two Boston Public Schools. Conducted in partnership with Samsung, the program’s curriculum focuses on teaching students to leverage mobile technology in and out of the classroom and prepares them to enter higher education and/or …
- HAPPINET CORPORATION: Lack of Hit Products Causes Weak Earnings … Business Wire - Fri 24 May, 2013 6:00 PM IST
HAPPINET CORPORATION , one of Japan's leading distributors of toys, video and music software, video games, and amusement products, recorded declines in both sales and profits due to a lack of hit products and weakness in the overall packaged toy arising from competition from social games.
- Unique Restaurant Project Highlighted on FoodStart.com Business Wire - Fri 24 May, 2013 3:30 PM IST
A scenic highway in northwest Florida called 30a is already home to a quirky collection of artists, musicians and venues such as the "Red Bar" in Grayton Beach. Now you will be abl
- Foreign selling of dollar sparks Unilever inflows talk Reuters - Fri 24 May, 2013 12:19 PM IST
- P&G CEO Bob McDonald Steps Down After Pressure From Bill Ackman, … Business Insider - Fri 24 May, 2013 7:29 AM IST
The quote that sealed his fate: "How much patience does the board have?"
- P&G brings back A.G. Lafley as CEO, McDonald out Reuters - Fri 24 May, 2013 6:27 AM IST
By Jessica Wohl REUTERS - Procter & Gamble Co on Thursday brought back A.G. Lafley to run the world's largest household products maker, replacing Bob McDonald immediately in the midst of a major restructuring. ...
- Brinker Builds Up in Canada Zacks - Fri 24 May, 2013 2:55 AM IST
Brinker is set to buy 11 of its franchised Chili's restaurants based in Alberta, Canada from Speedy Creek Ltd., which has long been one of its franchisees.
- Dunkin' to Expand in North Carolina Zacks - Fri 24 May, 2013 1:35 AM IST
Dunkin' Donuts is hiring efficient and experienced franchise partners to open new restaurants in different parts of North Carolina
- McDonald's Gives Cleveland Hero Charles Ramsey Free Food For … Business Insider - Thu 23 May, 2013 11:25 PM IST
Reached out "directly and privately," contrary to news reports.
- Paragon Financial Group Announces an Increase in Factoring Services … GlobeNewswire - Thu 23 May, 2013 11:04 PM IST
MIAMI -- via PRWEB - Paragon Financial Group announces an increase in factoring services for their beer, wine and spirits industry clients. They have seen an increased demand for working capital from this ...
- Unilever Commits to Supporting ASM in Hiring and Training More … Business Wire - Thu 23 May, 2013 11:00 PM IST
- Hitachi Launches Global Brand Campaign Business Wire - Thu 23 May, 2013 10:18 PM IST
Hitachi, Ltd. today announced that Hitachi has initiated a Global Brand Campaign and will convey a globally unified message through various media. This campaign is being run with the aim of expressing the Hitachi Group’s management strategy to the market.
- A Wild and Beautiful Wine Land: Vino From Mexico Brings Wine … Business Wire - Thu 23 May, 2013 9:30 PM IST
While Mexico is better known for beer and tequila, wines have been crafted there since the 17th Century. Now, the Valle de Guadalupe in Baja California is emerging as the “Napa Val
- McDonald's Has Created Its Highest Calorie Menu Item Ever Business Insider - Thu 23 May, 2013 9:05 PM IST
- CEA Celebrates Introduction of the SKILLS Visa Act Business Wire - Thu 23 May, 2013 8:06 PM IST
The following statement is attributable to Gary Shapiro, president and CEO of the Consumer Electronics Association ®, in response to today’s introduction of the Supplying Knowledge-Based Immigrants and Lifting Levels of STEM Visas Act, or the SKILLS Visa Act, by Rep.
- Ultimate Software and SUBWAY to Present at the IHRIM 2013 HRMS … Business Wire - Thu 23 May, 2013 7:47 PM IST
WHAT: Melissa Carpenter, people engagement manager at Ultimate Software , and Lisa Shea, assistant director of human resources at SUBWAY ® will present at the IHRIM 2013 HRMS Strategies Conference and Technology Exposition, outlining proven methodologies that led to achieving higher levels of employee engagement and support …
- Canon U.S.A. Launches PIXMA Comix Application Business Wire - Thu 23 May, 2013 6:30 PM IST
Starring in a comic strip isn’t just for superheroes anymore. Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced the launch of Canon PIXMA Comix, an interactive new application found on the Canon U.S.A.
- Denny’s New Hungry for Education Program to Award over $50,000 … Business Wire - Thu 23 May, 2013 6:30 PM IST
Denny’s, Inc. , one of America's largest full-service restaurant chains, is pleased to announce the formation of the Hungry For Education scholarship program, now open for qualified student applicants across 12 targeted states within the Denny’s restaurant demographics .
- Bertazzoni Releases Its First iPad App for Architects, Designers, … Business Wire - Thu 23 May, 2013 5:30 PM IST
Bertazzoni, the oldest family-owned manufacturer of cooking appliances in the world, today released its first, free iPad app for download in the Apple App Store. Now, architects, designers, dealers and distributors have instant access to Bertazzoni’s detailed product information, photos, videos, and the latest pricing, …
- Flexible solar cells and displays may be possible with transparent … ANI - Thu 23 May, 2013 3:54 PM IST
Washington, May 23 (ANI): A new type of transparent electrode that might find uses in solar cells, flexible displays for computers and consumer electronics and future "optoelectronic" circuits ...
- Samsung creates furore after portraying men as 'stupid, dirty … ANI - Thu 23 May, 2013 3:27 PM IST
Washington, May 23 (ANI): A new advertisement for Samsung televisions portrays men as dirty slobs, flatulent, dirty, couch-bound, unkempt, and unevolved - and it now has members of the male species crying ...
- Research and Markets: Commercial Air Conditioning System Manufacturers … Business Wire - Thu 23 May, 2013 2:44 PM IST
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Commercial Air Conditioning System Manufacturers
- LG Electronics Becomes Lead Partner for ARM Cortex-A50 Family … Business Wire - Thu 23 May, 2013 1:30 PM IST
ARM announced that LG Electronics has licensed the next generation of ARM® Cortex®-A50 series of central processing unit solutions and the next generation of ARM Mali™ graphics processing units .
- Samsung says Galaxy S4 sales hit 10 million Reuters - Thu 23 May, 2013 7:35 AM IST
Samsung Electronics Co said sales of the latest version of its flagship Galaxy S smartphone have reached 10 million since its launch in late April, making the model its fastest selling smartphone. The ...
- I Love Velvet Enters Asia Market to Offer Retailers Industry’s … Business Wire - Thu 23 May, 2013 6:30 AM IST
- Sony agrees to discuss spinoff Investor's Business Daily - Thu 23 May, 2013 4:26 AM IST
All Business Briefs
- CEA Thanks Sen. Cornyn for Taking On Patent Trolls Business Wire - Thu 23 May, 2013 2:22 AM IST
The following statement is attributable to Gary Shapiro, president and CEO of the Consumer Electronics Association ®, in response to today’s introduction of the Patent Abuse Reduction Act, introduced by Sen.
- Mira Winery Makes History after Successfully Recovering Wine … Business Wire - Thu 23 May, 2013 1:35 AM IST
Mira Winery concluded a historic three-month experiment in the Charleston, S.C. Harbor yesterday when the Napa-based producer of fine wines recovered four cases of its 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon from 60 feet below in the Atlantic Ocean.
- Electronics, Recycling Associations Seek New Solutions for CRT … Business Wire - Thu 23 May, 2013 12:15 AM IST
The Consumer Electronics Association ® today announced that while ample markets and downstream vendors appear to exist for recycling cathode ray tube glass, about 20 per
- Image Processing Technologies and Canon Settle Patent Lawsui … Business Wire - Wed 22 May, 2013 10:47 PM IST
- Research and Markets: Australia Electronic Cigarettes Market … Business Wire - Wed 22 May, 2013 10:45 PM IST
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Australia Electronic Cigarettes Market 2012-2016" report to th
- Cinedigm Acquires “VISITORS,” the Landmark New Film Collaboration … Business Wire - Wed 22 May, 2013 10:31 PM IST
Cinedigm has acquired all North American distribution rights to “VISITORS,” the new film from director Godfrey Reggio, composer Philip Glass and filmmaker Jon Kane. Seven years in the making, VISITORS is the fourth film that Reggio and Glass have collaborated on following the groundbreaking, internationally acclaimed, Qatsi …
- Research and Markets: Canada Electronic Cigarettes Market 2012-2016 … Business Wire - Wed 22 May, 2013 10:16 PM IST
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Canada Electronic Cigarettes Market 2012-2016" report
- Research and Markets: Czech Republic Electronic Cigarettes Market … Business Wire - Wed 22 May, 2013 10:05 PM IST
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Czech Republic Electronic Cigarettes Market 2012 -2016" r
- Net Element to Acquire Aptito, a Next Generation Cloud-Based … Business Wire - Wed 22 May, 2013 10:00 PM IST
Net Element International , a technology-driven group specializing in electronic commerce and mobile payment processing is pleased to announce today that they have entered into a binding term sheet to acquire Aptito, a next generation, cloud-based point of sale platform for restaurants and operate it through TOT Group , …
- Research and Markets: China Power Tool Industry Report, 2013-2016 … Business Wire - Wed 22 May, 2013 9:41 PM IST
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "China Power Tool Industry Report, 2013-2016" report to
- PepsiCo Kept at Neutral Zacks - Wed 22 May, 2013 9:25 PM IST
On May 21, we maintained a Neutral rating on PepsiCo on the back of solid first-quarter 2013 results. However, sluggishness in the American beverage business is a concern.