- 7 simple hacks to save on taxes Yahoo Finance India - 14 hours ago
It’s that time of the year again when the HR department sends you an email reminding you to ‘declare your investments’ for the financial year, pronto.
- SpiceJet, IndiGo slash air fares again Yahoo Finance India - 16 hours ago
India’s budget carriers SpiceJet and Indigo have cut air fares for travel bookings made between March 12 and 16 ahead of the festive season.
- Tata Motors asks 600 employees to leave Yahoo Finance India - Tue 11 Mar, 2014 3:56 PM IST
Reeling under pressure, Tata Motors has asked close to 600 permanent employees to accept an early retirement offer.
- Train ticket prices take off like airfares Yahoo Finance India - Tue 11 Mar, 2014 11:10 AM IST
Taking a cue from the dynamic airfares, the railways used the concept to earn extra revenue.
- Basics explained: How is PMI different from IIP Yahoo Finance India - Mon 10 Mar, 2014 1:01 PM IST
Stock markets use different barometers to assess the performance of businesses. While company specific developments matter to investors, it is also important to look at the overall performance of the industry.
- Google may have to cough up $5-bn fine Yahoo Finance India - Mon 10 Mar, 2014 12:13 PM IST
Google can face a penalty of up to $5 billion if the Competition Commission of India (CCI) investigation finds that the global Internet giant has violated fair competition rules in India.
- Industry initiative to develop skilled labour Yahoo Finance India - Fri 7 Mar, 2014 11:17 AM IST
In India we are experiencing a quantity and quality gap in terms of skilled students available to take up jobs offered by the manufacturing sector. The need for skilled technicians for this sector alone is estimated to be around 40 million by the year 2022.
- Telangana issue: 10 things to know Yahoo Finance India - Wed 5 Mar, 2014 10:57 AM IST
Amidst an uproar, the Indian Parliament passed a Bill approving the formation of a new state of Telangana.
- 5 tax saving rules you must know Yahoo Finance India - Wed 5 Mar, 2014 10:47 AM IST
We want our investments to give good returns. We worry that together with inflation, tax payments will erase most of our gains.
- New deadline to exchange pre-2005 currency notes Yahoo Finance India - Tue 4 Mar, 2014 11:30 AM IST
The Reserve Bank of India has extended the date for exchanging currency notes that were issued before 2005 to 1 January 2015.
- Celebrating Jamsetji Tata's 175th birthday Yahoo Finance India - Mon 3 Mar, 2014 3:17 PM IST
On this day 175 years ago, founder of the Tata empire, Jamsetji Tata was born in Navsari, Gujarat.
- Government approves 10% hike in DA Yahoo Finance India - Fri 28 Feb, 2014 1:28 PM IST
The Union Cabinet approved a 10 percent hike in dearness allowance for government employees.
- All you need to know about the Subrata Roy case Yahoo Finance India - Fri 28 Feb, 2014 1:05 PM IST
Sahara India chief Subrata Roy surrenders before the police, a day after they failed to trace him to execute a Supreme Court warrant for his arrest. What is the whole saga about?
- Property prices set to soar, except in Mumbai, Delhi Yahoo Finance India - Fri 28 Feb, 2014 11:40 AM IST
Property prices in most Indian cities are set to see a sharp increase over the next six months
- The world’s most livable cities Yahoo Finance India - Wed 26 Feb, 2014 1:08 PM IST
Take a look at the best cities for quality of living in the world
- Why India's economy is still stuck in a rut Yahoo Finance India - Tue 25 Feb, 2014 12:34 PM IST
The Indian economy has seen a prolonged slowdown over the past many quarters, especially since the US Financial Crisis in 2008. From a peak of 9%, the growth in India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) – a measure of the economy – is down to 5%. This is the lowest in a decade. The Indian economy has seen a prolonged slowdown …
- SpiceJet offers 75% discount on tickets Yahoo Finance India - Mon 24 Feb, 2014 12:25 PM IST
Low-fare airline SpiceJet offers a discount of 75 percent on travel bookings this summer.
- The world’s most powerful brands Yahoo Finance India - Sun 23 Feb, 2014 5:57 PM IST
Ferrari is identified as the most powerful brand in the world, according to Brand Finance.
- Basics Explained: What triggers gold smuggling Yahoo Finance India - Fri 21 Feb, 2014 3:18 PM IST
In the last year, smuggling or import of gold through unofficial means has been on the rise.
- Nations with GDP smaller than FB-WhatsApp deal Yahoo Finance India - Fri 21 Feb, 2014 12:50 PM IST
Ever wondered how many countries have a GDP the size of the Facebook-WhatsApp deal?
- Car prices slashed by up to Rs 135,000 Yahoo Finance India - Thu 20 Feb, 2014 2:39 PM IST
Take a look at auto makers who have slashed their prices
- Ad wars: Cadbury Perk vs Nestlé Munch Yahoo Finance India - Wed 19 Feb, 2014 10:34 PM IST
You’ve seen the cola wars and the newspaper rows. Check out the brands that have joined that wagon now
- Bharti to buy Loop Mobile: 5 things to know Yahoo Finance India - Wed 19 Feb, 2014 3:42 PM IST
Bharti Airtel has agreed to buy Loop Mobile, a small operator owned by IP Khaitan and family.
- When will India overtake the US? Yahoo Finance India - Wed 19 Feb, 2014 11:00 AM IST
Long before Finance Minister P Chidambaram laid down his elaborate plan to make India the third largest economy by 2043; Swedish medical doctor, academic, statistician and public speaker Hans Rosling predicted India would definitely be at par with the world’s superpowers (irrespective of the ruling party and their 10 point …
- World’s first DTH Karaoke launched in India Yahoo Finance India - Tue 18 Feb, 2014 12:49 PM IST
If you’re a music lover, here’s a fun way to spend time with family at friends at home
- Interim Budget 2014: How government spends Yahoo Finance India - Mon 17 Feb, 2014 2:53 PM IST
The interim budget is largely a spending exercise.
- How this Interim Budget affects you Yahoo Finance India - Mon 17 Feb, 2014 2:49 PM IST
Any change in indirect taxes like excise duty may make some goods and services cheaper.
- Interim Budget: Why fiscal deficit matters Yahoo Finance India - Mon 17 Feb, 2014 11:09 AM IST
Finance Minister P Chidambaram is going to table the interim budget for 2014-15 in the Lok Sabha.
- How rail budget affects stock market Yahoo Finance India - Wed 12 Feb, 2014 2:38 PM IST
The interim Railway Budget for 2014-15 announced no changes in freight rates. Mallikarjun Kharge, minister of Railways, announced a budget that may not bother passengers as there were no changes in passenger fare too.
- Five takeaways from Budget 2014-15 Yahoo Finance India - Wed 12 Feb, 2014 2:27 PM IST
Usually, new trains are announced while train fares and freight rates are tweaked. This year, things have been a bit different.
- Interim Rail Budget: New trains, corridors, lines and salari … Yahoo Finance India - Wed 12 Feb, 2014 1:30 PM IST
Mallikarjun Kharge presented the UPA's last railway budget during the current term of the Lok Sabha.
- Interim Railway Budget: Five things to know Yahoo Finance India - Wed 12 Feb, 2014 9:03 AM IST
The Railway Budget 2014-15 would be presented in the Parliament on 12 February 2014 by railway minister Mallikarjun Kharge.
- Vijay Mallya slams Kejriwal's 'unconventional methods' Yahoo Finance India - Wed 12 Feb, 2014 8:22 AM IST
UB group chairman Vijay Mallya asserts that there should be no "witch hunt" against industrialists.
- Basics simplified: What is Interim Budget? Yahoo Finance India - Tue 11 Feb, 2014 3:09 PM IST
This time, the Finance Minister, P Chidambaram, will present an interim budget, not the full annual Budget.
- Mobile banking: 5 facts to know Yahoo Finance India - Tue 11 Feb, 2014 3:05 PM IST
Although India has a large number of mobile users, mobile banking is yet to reach everyone. The complicated registration process is one among many reasons for a delay in the quick adaptation of mobile banking.
- 7 things to know stock futures and options Yahoo Finance India - Tue 11 Feb, 2014 2:57 PM IST
Apart from spot market, there is another platform for trading called the derivatives segment. Here you trade stock futures and options.
- India's auto market: Five things you must know Yahoo Finance India - Thu 6 Feb, 2014 1:16 PM IST
Here's what you need to know about India's auto market
- 12 things you didn’t know about Nadella Yahoo Finance India - Thu 6 Feb, 2014 12:52 PM IST
Here's what you didn't know about Microsoft's new CEO
- Steps for tax preparation Yahoo Finance India - Thu 6 Feb, 2014 12:38 PM IST
The time has come to prepare for your taxes and file your income taxes. You may wonder where and how to start preparing for tax payment, here are a few steps you can follow to systematize your tax preparation.
- India extends Visa-on-Arrival to 180 nations Yahoo Finance India - Thu 6 Feb, 2014 12:24 PM IST
Electronic visa-on-arrival would be available at 26 major airports in India and would be valid for 30 days
- Satya Nadella's email to employees on first day as CEO Yahoo Finance India - Tue 4 Feb, 2014 9:41 PM IST
Nadella is only the third CEO in Microsoft's 39-year history, following co-founder Bill Gates and Ballmer.
- Satya Nadella's first interview as CEO of Microsoft Yahoo Finance India - Tue 4 Feb, 2014 9:01 PM IST
Microsoft Corp named company veteran Satya Nadella as its next chief executive officer on Tuesday.
- CNG price slashed by Rs 15/kg, piped gas by 20% Yahoo Finance India - Mon 3 Feb, 2014 4:34 PM IST
CNG prices will be cut by about Rs 15 per kg and cooking gas piped to kitchens by about Rs 5 after government decided to supply cheaper domestic gas to fuel retailers in cities like Delhi and Ahmedabad.
- No Airtel or Vodafone after November? Yahoo Finance India - Mon 3 Feb, 2014 1:39 PM IST
The Supreme Court has refused to extend the license of India’s biggest telecom players, Vodafone and Airtel, reports The Times of India. Both their license expires in November 2014. ya
- DA to be hiked by 10% for second time Yahoo Finance India - Mon 3 Feb, 2014 10:45 AM IST
The Central government is likely to announce a hike in dearness allowance next month.
- Two Indians battle for Microsoft CEO job Yahoo Finance India - Mon 3 Feb, 2014 9:10 AM IST
Google SVP of Chrome & Apps Sundar Pichai now front runner for Microsoft CEO job
- Flipkart in merger talks with Myntra Yahoo Finance India - Thu 30 Jan, 2014 2:47 PM IST
India’s two most popular e-commerce retailers, Flipkart and Myntra are in talks to merge.
- Revealed: The best US company to work for Yahoo Finance India - Thu 30 Jan, 2014 12:14 PM IST
For the fifth consecutive year, this internet search giant tops the list compiled by Fortune Magazine.
- Tata to exit telecom business completely Yahoo Finance India - Thu 30 Jan, 2014 11:49 AM IST
The Group may have initiated talks with Vodafone to sell both Tata Communications and Tata Tele.
- Does today’s paper smell like baby powder? Yahoo Finance India - Wed 29 Jan, 2014 12:51 PM IST
Consumer goods companies often advertise in newspapers and sometimes provide free samples in mini sachets, but have you ever received a newspaper that smells of baby powder?