- Interpreting A Company's IPO Prospectus Report Investopedia - 32 minutes ago
Learn to decipher the secret language of the IPO prospectus report - it can tell you a lot about a company's future.
- The US National Spending and Debt Investopedia - 8 hours ago
We are looking at what could be the official year of the Federal Budget, more specifically our debt and how we will manage it for many years to come.
- A Day In The Life Of A Day Trader Investopedia - Tue 21 May, 2013 6:55 PM IST
Day trading has many advantages and, while we often hear about these perks, it's important to realize that day trading is hard work.
- Introduction To Guerrilla Trading Investopedia - Tue 21 May, 2013 6:00 PM IST
Guerilla trading can takes a lot of expereince, risk capital and mental fortitude; it is not for the novice investor.
- Make Your Precious Metal Choice Less ‘Golden’ Investopedia - Mon 20 May, 2013 11:30 PM IST
The recent rout in gold prices has affected the rest of the precious metals space as well. However, unlike gold, platinum is benefiting from long term industrial demand as well as constrained supplies. ...
- Guerrilla Trading Investopedia - Mon 20 May, 2013 6:40 PM IST
A very short-term trading technique that aims to generate small profits while taking on very little risk per trade, and repeating this multiple times in a trading session. Guerrilla trades typically have ...
- Is It Time to Invest in Australia? Investopedia - Sat 18 May, 2013 10:30 PM IST
Australia a country rich in natural resources and one increasingly gaining attention from investors. Is it time to put some of your international allocation to work in Australia?
- Stop Keeping Up With The Joneses - They're Broke Investopedia - Sat 18 May, 2013 6:30 PM IST
Conspicuous consumption could be robbing you of future wealth.
- Wal-Mart Uses Rigorous Cost Control To Offset Weaker Sales Investopedia - Sat 18 May, 2013 12:00 AM IST
Sluggish sales growth at Wal-Mart isn't a big surprise, but it could keep a lid on the stock.
- How Much Further Can Value Carry Autodesk? Investopedia - Fri 17 May, 2013 10:30 PM IST
Autodesk comes up short again as the macro environment stays soft.
- A Day In The Life Of A CFO Investopedia - Fri 17 May, 2013 6:36 PM IST
What would your life look like if you were CFO? We’ve interviewed three chief financial officers to find out.
- The Smith Maneuver: A Canadian Mortgage Tax-Deductible Plan Investopedia - Fri 17 May, 2013 6:10 PM IST
Canadian mortgages aren’t tax-deductible like the U.S.-based mortgages, but there's a way around this hurdle.
- Planning Your Second Career Investopedia - Fri 17 May, 2013 6:05 PM IST
A second career can provide opportunities whether you are worried about outliving your retirement savings, or you want to stay productive and do something meaningful later in life.
- The Yen is Setting up to be an Attractive Long-Term Investme … Investopedia - Thu 16 May, 2013 10:30 PM IST
As Japan embarks on quantitative easing, the yen has come under pressure. Will it continue to be the source of big profits in the latter half of 2013?
- How To Start Saving For Retirement Investopedia - Thu 16 May, 2013 9:25 PM IST
If you establish these money-saving habits and patiently allow your wealth to build, you will be taking some huge steps forward in making your financial future more secure.
- Behavioral Bias - Cognitive Vs. Emotional Bias In Investing Investopedia - Thu 16 May, 2013 7:30 PM IST
We all have biases. The key to better investing is to identify those biases and create rules to minimize their effect.
- Parabolic SAR Buy Signals Investopedia - Thu 16 May, 2013 3:30 AM IST
The Parabolic SAR indicator is flashing "buy" in these four diverse stocks. Not simply relying on one indicator though, I take a look at the overall technical outlook and determine which ones ...
- If You Don't Mind Volatility, Deere Could Still Do Alright Investopedia - Thu 16 May, 2013 12:00 AM IST
Though Deere's shares sold off after earnings, the business model is sound and rolling along.
- Agilent Isn't Making It Easy On Investors Investopedia - Wed 15 May, 2013 11:26 PM IST
Core operating performance at Agilent needs to improve
- Know Your Stock Cost Basis Investopedia - Wed 15 May, 2013 7:40 PM IST
Understanding equity cost basis is critical for tracking the gains or losses of an investment.
- Why Governments Issue Foreign Bonds Investopedia - Tue 14 May, 2013 11:15 PM IST
Government bonds issued in foreign currency have drawn a growing amount of interest in recent years. This article explores why governments, particularly those in emerging markets, choose to denominate ...
- Roper A Little Short On Growth, But A Proven Builder Of Valu … Investopedia - Tue 14 May, 2013 9:43 PM IST
Roper's organic growth isn't great now, but the market's love for this M&A frequent flyer is unlikely to dim
- Designations For The Buy Side Investopedia - Tue 14 May, 2013 6:52 PM IST
For those interested in picking securities and financial planning, these certifications could be just what your buy-side financial career needs.
- Fact Sheet: What Is The Fortune 500 List? Investopedia - Tue 14 May, 2013 4:30 PM IST
The Fortune 500 is a list most have heard of but don't know much about. Here, we present the basics with a few interesting facts.
- Sell In May – Yay Or Nay? Investopedia - Mon 13 May, 2013 10:30 PM IST
Seasonal timing in the market, best personified by the adage, “Sell in May – Go away,” has long been the subject of debate among investors. The question remains: Is there anything to it?
- Consumer Spending As A Market Indicator Investopedia - Mon 13 May, 2013 9:30 PM IST
What people buy and where they shop can provide valuable information about the economy.
- 6 Things You Think Add Value To Your Home - But Really Don't Investopedia - Sun 12 May, 2013 5:30 PM IST
Not everyone wants to spend their weekends shaping backyard topiaries. Even though you may enjoy the improvements you make to your house, it doesn't mean that they'll increase its value.
- Depreciation: Straight-Line Vs. Double-Declining Methods Investopedia - Sat 11 May, 2013 8:30 PM IST
Appreciate the different methods used to describe how book value is "used up".
- 6 Tips For Selling Your Home Fast Investopedia - Sat 11 May, 2013 6:30 PM IST
Find out what you can do to stand out from the competition and make your home an easy sell.
- The Economics Of Stay-At-Home Moms Investopedia - Fri 10 May, 2013 6:30 PM IST
If an at-home mom was getting paid for all of the work she does, how much would she get?
- Trade Forex On Herd Instinct Investopedia - Fri 10 May, 2013 2:30 AM IST
Use caution and commonsense when making trades according to herd instinct – use stop losses, avoid complacency and plan your exit strategy.
- An Introduction To The Keogh Retirement Plan Investopedia - Thu 9 May, 2013 10:21 PM IST
Learn more about this popular defined-contribution retirement plan that many business owners, proprietors, and self-employed people can benefit from.
- An Introduction To The CMA Designation Investopedia - Thu 9 May, 2013 6:48 PM IST
Learn what the Certified Management Accountant designation is, how to get it and what it can do for your accounting career.
- Why Your Pension Plan Has Sovereign Debt In It Investopedia - Thu 9 May, 2013 12:00 AM IST
One type of security pensions tend to invest in is sovereign debt, or debt issued by a government.
- Emerson – More Realistic, But Not Necessarily Better Investopedia - Wed 8 May, 2013 11:58 PM IST
Emerson's relative performance may be positive, but the net value is still lacking
- Mondelez Isn't As Good As Nestle, But Priced Like It Is Investopedia - Wed 8 May, 2013 11:18 PM IST
Investors seem to bullish on Mondelez, given the relative performance at Kellogg and Nestle.
- Women: Invest In Your Financial Literacy Investopedia - Wed 8 May, 2013 9:45 PM IST
Learning about money may seem intimidating, but it's not as hard as it looks.
- 4 Behavioral Biases And How To Avoid Them Investopedia - Wed 8 May, 2013 8:40 PM IST
Here are four common common behavioral biases for traders and how to minimize their effects on your portoflio.
- Decline Of The Independent Broker-Dealer Investopedia - Wed 8 May, 2013 6:39 PM IST
Since the financial crisis of 2008-2009 the numbers of independent broker-dealers have been steadily declining. Find out why, and if the trend will continue.
- What's On A Consumer Credit Report? Investopedia - Tue 7 May, 2013 10:15 PM IST
A look at the various components and considerations that go into one's credit report and credit score.
- Check Point Software Could Be A Second-Half Rebounder Investopedia - Mon 6 May, 2013 10:10 PM IST
If Check Point can reignite growth, the stock is much too cheap.
- 7 Unconventional Ways Businesses Can Borrow Money Investopedia - Sun 5 May, 2013 11:00 PM IST
Find out how your business can get the money it needs - even when the bank says "no".
- The Most Expensive Sports Trophies Investopedia - Sun 5 May, 2013 6:30 PM IST
Pro sports' championship hardware costs a fortune to craft. Find out which North American sport boasts the most valuable prize.
- How Spring Cleaning Can Make You Money Investopedia - Sat 4 May, 2013 6:30 PM IST
Spring cleaning is a well-established tradition, but you can also make money by selling your unwanted goods.
- Activities You Can Take Advantage Of In The Pre-Market And After-Hours … Investopedia - Fri 3 May, 2013 10:55 PM IST
A great deal can happen in between the New York close of the market and the open the following morning. Learn how you can access opportunities and hedge against risk outside regular trading hours.
- Leading Economic Indicators Predict Market Trends Investopedia - Thu 2 May, 2013 8:30 PM IST
Leading indicators help investors to predict and react to where the market is headed.
- Introduction To The Continuing Claims Report Investopedia - Thu 2 May, 2013 8:30 PM IST
This weekly economic release contains important information concerning unemployment levels and insurance.
- 7 Designations For The Sell Side Investopedia - Wed 1 May, 2013 7:00 PM IST
While all of these designations demand a substantial commitment in time, money and effort, the end result is worth it.
- How To Get The Most Out Of Hiring An Accountant Investopedia - Wed 1 May, 2013 6:30 PM IST
When you hire an accountant, getting good tax advice going forward is as valuable as – or perhaps even more valuable than - getting the previous year’s taxes filed correctly. Learn what you need to do ...
- Trading Forex Trends With MACD And Moving Averages Investopedia - Tue 30 Apr, 2013 11:15 PM IST
Although based on short-term trading, keeping the long-term picture in mind will help investors trade with the trend.