Peerless Network, Inc. (www.peerlessnetwork.com), a leading provider of carrier and enterprise interconnection services, today announced that it has secured $15M in debt financing from Square 1 Bank (www.square1bank.com). Peerless will use the financing to fund network growth, provide additional data center capacity and enter new markets.
“The debt facilities with Square 1 Bank represent a significant achievement for Peerless providing the company greater financial flexibility as we expand,” noted Doug Lee, Peerless Network’s Chief Financial Officer. “Square 1 Bank has been a phenomenal partner in helping us meet our growth objectives.”
Peerless closes the year with a tremendous record of profitable growth including:
- Average annual revenue growth of 236% and EBITDA positive since 2010.
- Expanded network points of presence (POPs) to cover 49 U.S. markets.
- Entered long term customer contracts with several national wireless carriers.
- Completed construction of our first data center and colocation facility with customer leases or options to lease nearly 8,000 square feet of space.
- Expanded our international presence to support a leading UK-based mobile carrier’s entry into the United States.
- Remained fully operational in all markets affected by Hurricane Sandy.
- Introduced innovative new products such as Hosted Least Cost Routing and PSTN Control services.
- Named the 97th fastest-growing private company in the United States by Inc. magazine.
“This has been an amazing year for Peerless and our new financing is a direct result of profitably growing our business by executing our strategic plan,” said John Barnicle, President and CEO of Peerless Network. “We remain focused on taking advantage of the competitive environment and expanding our portfolio of services with a common-sense approach that plays to our strengths. Our new state-of-the-art data center is a perfect example and is nearly 100% leased within weeks of its launch.”
About Peerless Network
Peerless Network, Inc. is a leading provider of interconnection and data center services focused on simplifying how networks, devices and people connect. Headquartered in Chicago, Peerless Network is among the nation’s fastest-growing privately held companies and ranked 97th overall on the 2012 Inc. 500 list. Please visit our website at www.peerlessnetwork.com.
About Square 1 Bank
Square 1 Bank is a full service commercial bank dedicated exclusively to serving the financial needs of the venture capital community and entrepreneurs in all stages of growth and expansion. Square 1's expertise, focus and strong capital base provide flexible resources and unmatched support to meet our clients’ needs. The bank offers tailored products and solutions aided by the latest in technological innovations. Square 1 has offices coast to coast in Austin, Boston, Denver, Durham, Los Angeles, New York, San Diego, Seattle, Silicon Valley and Washington, DC. For more information, visit www.square1bank.com.
Peerless Network, Inc.
Jeff Hartzell, 312-878-0783
Quiz: Did you know these rules?
- Insurance industry needs more transparency to attract customers
New Delhi, Dec 13 (IANS) The insurance industry needs to adopt more transparency in selling products and settling claims as a means to achieving growth for the industry, a senior government official said ... …
- Air India set to join Star Alliance
New Delhi, Dec 13 (IANS) National carrier Air India is finally set to join the global inter-airline pact of Star Alliance, a senior official said Friday. "Air India's suspension has been revoked and ... …
- India among 25 largest international tourism earners: UNWTO
New Delhi, Dec 13 (IANS) Even as its economy is reeling under inflationary pressures, India -- registering a double-digit growth of 13 percent -- figured among the 25 largest international tourism earners, ... …
- Indian gold futures edge higher
Gold futures edged higher on Friday evening, helped by a weaker rupee amid flat overseas markets. At 1758 IST, the most-active gold contract for February delivery on the Multi Commodity Exchange (MCX) was 0.20 percent higher at 28,857 rupees per 10 grams. …
- CCI clears oil, gas projects worth Rs.7,947 crore: Moily
New Delhi, Dec 13 (IANS) Five oil and gas projects totally worth Rs.7,947 crore have been cleared by the Cabinet Committee on Investments (CCI), Petroleum Minister M. Veerappa Moily said Friday. The pending ... …
IN-DEPTH ANALYSIS & INTERVIEWS
- Four agricultural barons who minted money in the fields
Many Indian lords of the field are raking in money with simple commodities such as potatoes, maize, rice and soybean, with their success attracting big private equity deals at a time when the rest of the ... …
- Jang Bahadur Singh Sangha used tech to make potato a money spinner
Jang Bahadur Singh Sangha has used technology to make the humble potato a money spinner. And he also rules maize. …
- Sanwaria Agro is among one of the fastest wealth creators
Anil Agrawal's Sanwaria Agro has been ranked one of the fastest wealth creators between 2006 and 2011. …
- A Crushing Blow
A delayed cane crushing season in Uttar Pradesh is hurting both the industry and farmers in the country's second-biggest sugar producing state. …
- A portable warmer comes to the rescue of premature babies
A portable warmer developed by two Indian students and their classmates at Stanford University is helping premature babies survive. …
- Conditions ripe for entrepreneurs
Business Today brings together students to voice their views on a significant business, economy-related issue in this B-School debate. …
- Welcome Byproduct
The partial withdrawal of sanctions on Iran will be a boon for the Indian economy. …
- Most Actives
- Price % Gainers
- Price % Losers
Recent Quotes Symbol Price Change % Chg ChartYour most recently viewed tickers will automatically show up here if you type a ticker in the "Enter symbol/company" at the bottom of this module.You need to enable your browser cookies to view your most recent quotes.
Recent Quotes News
- Sign-in to view quotes in your portfolios.